Sports Series League

D

Ducati 851

After having a chat with Dino Margiolas(sorry about the spelling dino)from Ipswich, we were talking about starting a sports pattern league, thats right what a nightmare a sports pattern every single week, if we can get a few numbers, its a possibility, so yeah just drop your name if your interested, or have your input on the topic, thanks guys and gals

It's always been spoken about and has been a hot topic that i have spoken to Jeff about as well, the problem you will have with a sport series league though is prebowls and subs.

Wish you all the best and i hope it takes off.

I'd love to bowl in a sports pattern league on a weekly basis - that would test people out. The only drawback is that Ipswich is a long way for me to travel, I do it 3 times a week as it is now. So unless it fitted in with my current schedule, I wouldn't do it.

Fantastic idea though. The other thing I would like is to bowl on sports patterns on synthetic lanes, rather than wood all the time. Makes it difficult when only one centre in Brisbane with synthetic lanes has a Kegel though (Aspley).

Its something that has always been spoken about, wouldn't our games improve if we bowled on this every week. I believe a great idea, but as Jase said, what would you do about pre-bowls & subs.

One option I guess is no pre-bowls and only subs - at least then everyone is on the same pattern all the time.

Speaking of patterns, would it change every week or so (like some sports leagues in the US do) ? Now that would be a challenge

Before we get too much in the finer details of the league, how many people would actually bowl in it?? As this is a get chance to really put your bowling to the test and one I am happy to support.

I spoke to Dino briefly about this last night and Prebowls would mostly likely NOT be allowed (depending on opinion, perhaps we could allow people to do Perbowls after they have finished league, so they are still bowling on a sports pattern??). With the pattern, it would probably be changed every 3-6 weeks (yet to be decided), to allow people to learn and try new ideas on a particular pattern. But as always, ideas on this concept are welcome. Also how many games would people like to bowl 3,4 or 5??

James

Yeah we talked about a 4 game league, no pre bowls for obvious reasons, and the same pattern for 4 weeks.

I would definately bowl it

Depending on cost I would look at bowling.

Format - Singles Doubles or 3, 4 or 5 man teams, format doesn't worry me.

Although I think 5 man teams would be a nice way to do some training for our prostective Rauchig & ECCC bowlers. However you would need to shorten the number of games to 3 for time constraints.

No pre-bowls, condition change every 4 weeks sounds good. Also, what about high game monies or rewards (if any) only because there are sure to be some or would the normal centre / association incentives apply.

Average restrictions on sub's ? I guess that could be an option as well.

All food for thought.

I think it would have to be singles ,because i dont think we'd get enough bowlers for any more man teams

Good On Ya Rhyss....just one question

WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU ON SATURDAY....!!!!!

I would definately be interested in this.. It always brings you back down to earth bowling a sports pattern and struggling to average 170! ;-)

I think you would get enough bowlers interested to make a doubles league for 4 games...

TK.

I want to thank Shannon and all the other bowlers for their interest in this league

We can host this league on Monday evenings at 8.30pm. Cost could be $20 for 4 games. This would allow an adequate prize fund whilst still making it affordable.

Format can be singles or doubles, depending on number of bowlers.

The oil pattern could be changed every 4 weeks giving bowlers an opportunity to learn to make adjustments on each pattern before it is changed.

If you are interested in joining this league in the new year, please leave your contact details or call Dino at Ipswich Superbowl on 3282 4600.

Thanks.
Dino

Sorry mate! I basically had two messages the day before, your message saying you couldn't make it and another from my mother saying something that I can't get into here! Long story short, when I got your message saying you can go I was on my way to Caboolture!

oh yeah,
Here's a rule for you :- if you have a average on sports condition of 169 or more you can't bowl! :) - Jokes!

Back
Top Bottom