Sorry, it's just not good enough..... Points Stripped.

GBS

More than a newbie
Sorry, it's just not good enough....

Points one day, gone the next, back another day.

If THE TBA Policy is to be effectual, and everyone is to have confidence in the system, then this can never happen again.

The bowlers must know if the lanes are "TBA Legal" before any ball is bowled .... IN EVERY RANKED EVENT IN 2004 etc.

THIS MEANS ... SOMEBODY HAS TO "CERTIFY" THE LANES ARE OK BEFORE A SINGLE BALL IS BOWLED.

The statement from the forum from the TBA

"TBA had in fact organised for the lane read tapes to be sent to their office for analysis. A subsequent test showed that the condition on the tapes was to their Policy, and the event passed and points were allocated to pariticipating bowlers who had registered for the National Rankings points."

does nothing to inspire confidence. The key word here is "sent."

Should you we now get down to the nitty gritty?

If the lanes are not "TBA Legal" before the tournament and the bowlers ARE told before the commencement of play ... then those bowlers must have the right to withdraw ... WITH NO PENALTY and receive a full refund of costs involved.

Then where does that leave their points from the previous year?

This is Pandora's Box and a very Legal Pandora's Box.

In Short ...

The bowlers must know if the lanes are "TBA Legal" before any ball is bowled .... IN EVERY RANKED EVENT IN 2004.

I happen to agree with you GBS, that the fact that a TBA official cannot be in attendance at an event should probably be a deciding factor if an event is ranked or not. Anyone could send tapes to their offices, of any lane or any centre for that matter. Whether the condition was used in the tournament is another matter.

My personal opinion is that if they are going to have a policy, it should be done for all, with NO exceptions for any tournaments, whether they be Cairns Open, Perth Cup or the Hobart Classic, Arafura Games - WHATEVER .. if the event is ranked then a TBA official should be present. Probably too late for this year but .. for future years....

I dont like to get into these debates but here goes!

Can someone please explain to me how you can have 2 tournaments on at the same time that give you National Rating points to.

I thought that the rating system was to find the best bowler in Australia over the 12 months.This can't be to accurate if you have some bowlers getting points in the cairns open on the same weekend that you have a super six event!

I know that your going to tell me that at the super six event,the winner recieved more points than the winner of the Cairns open,but at the end of the day i can tell you wich field was stronger by far.

But realy what does this raiting mean.Especially when some of the great bowlers of Australia aren't even on the list.I mean realy should you have to nominate to be part of the ratings system it should be automatic.

The rankings points should be automatic for the adults and if people wants to be included on youth or junior rankings then they should be forced to nominate for same.Its all good having to nominate into them but if they arent going out of their way to advertise that fact then its a complete waste of time and wont be a true indication

The pionts system as it stands wont be a true indication of top 25 bowlers in Australia.

Jase

Hey Jase,

Mate I'll be the first one to admit that the SA Cup probably did have a stronger field than the Cairns Open, but their were 63 bowlers who took part in Cairns and I can assure you they were not un-talented patsies. If we take a small cross section of the field;

Bill Gardner - Former Australian and Rachuig bowler who has won numerous National events.

Craig Whitby - Another former Australian and Qld Rachuig Rep

Sam Nucifora - Current Rachuig Captain for NQ and previous member of Qld Rachuig Teams, as well as placing 3rd in 2003 Australian Masters.

Angelo Nucifora - Current NQ Rachuig bowler and previous member of Qld Rachuig Team.

Ivena Heald - Current team New Zealand Bowler

John Dunn - Former Qld Rachuig Team member

I could go on and on, but my point is just because a tournament isn't one that people such as yourself deem to be of "National Significance" that doesn't mean it's a second rate tournament that doesn't deserve the same sort of recognition.

Trots won the SA Cup in the last game of matchplay and if I remember correctly averaged 215 (well done Trots). Well the Cairns Open was won in the last game of matchplay and the winner averaged 206 (on a VERY tough condition). So there isn't a whole lot of difference in the results, so why shouldn't the winner of Cairns get 80 points ????

Did you bowl either tournement ??? Me thinks you bowled SA Cup and got your Heiny (Bum) kicked, and can't face the fact that one or more "Country Bumpkins" might be ahead of you on the rankings. Or maybe you're one of those annoying armchair critics that didn't bowl either.

You might be a really good guy, but if I am lucky/good enough to finish in the top 25 in the National Rankings then I don't want/need galahs like you telling me that because I bowled a few ranked tournaments in NQ that I don't deserve to be in the top 25.

If you are such a hotshot gun bowler, why don't you leave your little Raiders Wonderland and come up north and have a crack at a tournament or two in NQ. You can be like a lot of other so called "Big Guns" who have come north to conquer the "easy beats" and take their money, only to get their bum smacked and leave with their tail tucked firmly between their legs.

Steve Hunt :twisted: :twisted:

sorry steve i think u missed jason point completely, he wasn't having a shot at u or anyone else that bowled in cairns. from what i read he was having a shot at the hole ranking system. and from what he said i have to agree with him. two tournament on the same weekend means 2 lots of points , if there was only 1 tournament on that weekend how many people would have still recieved points.

Sorry Steve

I'm not really interested in the whole debate but your first line caught my attention. Adelaide PROBABLY had the better field. I think you need to go and compare the fields again and reassess that statement.

Funky Chicken said:
If you are such a hotshot gun bowler, why don't you leave your little Raiders Wonderland

That looks to me like blasphemy on the Raiders - that stuff can get you banned real quick around here :p

Signed
Raiders #1 Fan

Well,Well Well,

Typical post of someone who goes of Half-Cocked!

I can't be sure, but i have read my earlier post serveral times now,I am struggling to see where i wrote that i wanted you too point out how many un-talented patsies you beat home in this event,nore did i say that the Cairns Open was a second rate event.

Perhaps you havent been pat on the back enough for your win!

Sorry,so here is another one =D>

I was pointing out the field from Sa cup was stronger than then Cairns open .. i could list each bowler and name their credentials .. SA had current and past Australian team members, World Champions, too many rachuig bowlers to mention. So if i was a bowler chasing ratings points,i know which way i would of travelled (I know of a couple of people who did that),and the way the system is at the moment it alows you to rort it this way!

The thing that gets me - is it isnt me thats making this call. I thought the rules state that only one Ranked event per weekend (thats what i thought anyway). And to be a ranked tournament, the Tournament promoters must encourage and promote Interstate participation. I never saw an entry form posted here and by the looks of the majority qld field not many interstaters bothered to enter.

So either you go by the rules or you dont. Dont be half and half.

No mate i didn't bowl SA cup nor Cairns open,so my Heiny is still in one big piece.

So on that note, like a good little Galah does i will fly off over to my arm chair and watch another replay of the Raiders flogging of the Cowboys!

Jason Pearson

I did not attend the cairns open nor did I attend the super 6 event I have howeva heard a fair few different stories in regards to this and I must say whats done is done now let sleepen dogs lie.. Its a bit stupid if ppl are going to sit here and whinge about TBAS actions for stripping the points and then reinstating the points.. The guys and girls in cairns had a tough condition from what Ive heard and deserve the points as much as anyone who bowled super 6 I think if ur all gonna sit around and whinge then get off ur butt cheeks and join the TBA committee at least then ull get what u want and maybe Ill have somethen interesting to read

Katherine :fadein:

Just like to point out that I doubt you will find such a rule preventing TBA ranked tournaments from being on the same weekend (and I have never seen one).

There was in fact three ranked tournaments on over the Australia Day long weekend - SA Cup, Cairns Open and Latrobe Valley Youth Cup.

Does it really matter how many ranked events are on the same day. As far as l have read the final points for the year are based on your top 10 performances anyway. So if you do bowl events that are held on the same weekend as another, you take pot luck as to how many points you get depending on the number entries really. This should not be an issue. If you make the top 25 congrats, taht means you made the effort and bowled a number of events, and supported bowling. If the event falls into the catergory of a national ranked event you deserve the points, as long as rules have been adheared to, that have been set down to gain those national ranking points.

Now back to original question raised of the points issue - not saying that points should be stripped - as we must allow for tething problems with our great TBA.

But does the rules not say that an official TBA representitive will take a reading during the tournament at some stage. Surely if the tapes are being sent to the TBA this does not comply with that rule.

This is noted in another post about this same issue over ratings points......

TBA Lane Policy procedure

A TBA representative will visit the centre where a Rankings Event is to be held in the week prior to the event to do a lane reading. The representative will complete a second lane reading prior to a squad in the Ranked Event.
If the lane condition does not comply on the second reading then no Rankings Points will apply for the event. Bowlers competing will be advised that no Rankings points will apply. The event in question will be taken from the Rankings list for the following year.

If you are such a hotshot gun bowler, why don't you leave your little Raiders Wonderland and come up north and have a crack at a tournament or two in NQ. You can be like a lot of other so called "Big Guns" who have come north to conquer the "easy beats" and take their money, only to get their bum smacked and leave with their tail tucked firmly between their legs.

hmmm what were the results of the Burdekin last year?

Back
Top Bottom