Seniors Melbourne Cup NOT A RANKINGS POINT EVENT?

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Looks like the TBA has overlooked one of it's own policies once again.
The Senior's Melbourne Cup oiling pattern has now been published on the TBAL site and the ratio is above the 4 to 1 limits as allowed by the TBA's lane conditioning policy for Nationally Ranked Events.

I ask the TBA board.......Where's the consistancy?

Seniors Melbourne Cup will be ranked

Wayne

Melbourne Seniors Cup will be ranked as I have approved the pattern as submitted to me by the Keon Park Head Tech on the 9th May 2006.

The design pattern and output from the Kosi program as posted on the TBA website indicates that that the ratio is 4.25 to 1. However, this is the ratio from 20 Board to Board 5 ONLY. TBA do not measure this ratio based on the units placed on an individual board.

The TBA Lane Conditioning Policy method of calculation is markedly different and it is this method as defined in this policy that has been used to ascertain compliance. I will repeat this formula for you as it appears that you may not be familiar with the policy and the method of calulation:

TBA has set maximum of 3:1 ratio for all ranked events where the oil length is 38-42 feet. Where the oil length is between 35 feet and less than 38 feet the ratio may go to 4:1

and

the average reading in units of oil on boards 18, 19, 20 must not be more than 3 times greater (or 4 times greater if the pattern is less than 38 feet) than that on boards 3,4,5,6,7.

By design the average units of oil on Boards 18,19,20 is 850. The average units of oil on Boards 3,4,5,6,7 is 220 (200+200+200+200+300=1100 divided by 5=220). 850 divided by 220 = 3.86 to 1 ratio.

This pattern is 38 feet long and since 3.86 is less than 4.0 this pattern is approved.

A TBA representative may visit the centre prior to the event to do a lane reading. The representative may complete a second lane reading prior to a squad in the Ranked Event.

I will accept your written apology.

Re: Seniors Melbourne Cup will be ranked

Peter Coburn said:
Wayne

TBA has set maximum of 3:1 ratio for all ranked events where the oil length is 38-42 feet.
and
the average reading in units of oil on boards 18, 19, 20 must not be more than 3 times greater than that on boards 3,4,5,6,7.
By design the average units of oil on Boards 18,19,20 is 850. The average units of oil on Boards 3,4,5,6,7 is 220 (200+200+200+200+300=1100 divided by 5=220). 850 divided by 220 = 3.86 to 1 ratio.
This pattern is 38 feet long and since 3.86 is less than 4.0 this pattern is approved.

Peter, I'm quite familiar with the policy thank you. I'm only going by what is stated on the TBAL website. Since this particular oil pattern has been shown to be set at 38 feet (accordng to your TBA website) then it must be no more than a 3:1 ratio.

OK, i'm finally going to state my case my case on what i think is a fair lane condition(after all we do live a democracy dont we?) A fair lane condition neither overly helps nor purposely hinders any style of player, left OR right handed. If a house shot has to go down to acomplish this then so be it. Therefore i think its time for the 3:1 rule to be waved bye bye. Just bowl on what there, as long as it holds up for a squad its fine, even if first place is aving. 240

I am amazed by the lack of common sense shown in our world and the the degree of nit picking that can occur.

As you have indicated, the pragmatic view here is to marginally change the length from 38 feet to just less than 38 feet.
Nicely handled, Peter.

The upcoming reduction of your involvement in the administration of bowling is our loss.

Sumo
I plan to live forever, or die trying.....

So should we take this interest as an entry into the Melbourne Seniors Cup Wayne, now that the pattern will comply with the TBA regulations set?

Great reply Peter!

I'm just continuing to be the industry watchdog..since no one else likes to speak up. Gotta hold the TBA accountable for enforcing it's own rules and regulations otherwise why bother to even have a rule book?

And to my detractors who think I'm a smart arse..well you can all thank me privately for doing what I can to see that each and every bowler in this country is treated fairly and without prejudice.

Thanks for your valuable input Wayne,

On behalf of all bowlers in Australia and around the world, (this might be a stretch i know...)
But we don't thing your'e a smart ****
We Know......:mad:

Dear Wchester

With all due respect to you I don't think Australian bowling needs you as their "watchdog", everthing that you say I find negative and boring. I feel you would be better served by helping the American scene and leaving us Aussies to fend for ourselves

Nice how my little observation got sidestepped, believe me, i'm not the only person who thinks that way.

ps.
Last true Australian rankings were printed in March 1991's Pin Action magazine, since then anyones guess is as good as anyones as to who's no.1

Peter, we are grateful and admire you for all that you have done for Bowling in general. We hope you continue to guide us with all your experience,knowledge and wisdom. Peter don't let some "loser" discourage you in whatever you are doing but remember lot's of people admire and look up to you for standing up for what is right and wrong.
Regards
Alex :D
When he is perfect i hope he will go back to USA !!

Wayne most certainly isnt one of those losers. Remember knowledge is power, you could learn alot about Bowling from this guy(note the capital b!) He doesnt bite, he's just here to help. He's got experience that many of us simply have no concept of. Can you imagine having to throw strikes so you can eat?? hmmm..ddint think so....:rolleyes:

I have explain to Wayne in pm where am coming from... AdrianS the day you do things for LOVE i will admire you too .. :D

Well i press the 'go' button on a century 100 every Monday and plug up and drill peoples gear down at our local dunghill for nothing on days i'm not working for $ behind a mower, and sit on our commitee too. I love bowling and being involved with it as much as you guys obviously do.

Back
Top Bottom