SHOULD ALCOHOL BE BANNED FROM SANCTIONED BOWLING?

Holding a 196-200+ ave, and then turning up & bowling 475 in league (regardless of sobriety level)...

There is only one word to describe this action - SANDBAGGING!!!

Alcohol doesn't even enter the equation in this scenario, in my opinon.

Enough said.

I've averaged high 190's-200 for 3 or 4 years now and it's not that hard to throw in a low series every once in a while.. all it takes is three 160 games with some splits and a couple of bad misses and hey presto it's a 480 series. A few months ago I shot sub-500 and couldn't do a thing right..

Back to the question - should alcohol be banned in any accredited competition? Yes I think so.

I have been in constant communication with my legal team the last few days and they seem to understand the position i am in and have suggested a discrimination case is valid ,as well as having alcohol banned from consumption during all sanctioned tenpin bowling ,if tenpin bowling is going to to be taken as a serious sport then all drugs should be banned including the consumption of alcohol

Hey buddy give it a rest, its all become a bit boring...

You seem to like the sound of your own voice, well here is a tip...Record it and play it back to yourself...I know like others we have heard enough for this lifetime...

I have been in constant communication with my legal team the last few days and they seem to understand the position i am in and have suggested a discrimination case is valid ,as well as having alcohol banned from consumption during all sanctioned tenpin bowling ,if tenpin bowling is going to to be taken as a serious sport then all drugs should be banned including the consumption of alcohol

lol, sounds like his "legal team" need to hear the full story too.

My take on this is that no you should not drink alcohol if you are putting in what you class as genuine practice time as you cannot have a beer during a tournament squad and thus usually want to try to simulate tournament conditions. However in league you are essentially socializing so I don't see a problem with a beer or two during league play.

Those that know me know i generally don't drink alcohol apart from an occasional beer so I tend to not drink alcohol when bowling league but that does not give me the right to deny others the opportunity to enjoy a drink if they so want and it is available for them to do so. If you don't like it you don't have to do it as it is a free country after all!

I suggest you worry about things you can control and not about things that you can't. Remember all of the bowlers that bowl in the ranked tournaments you'll find enjoy a drink or two but you will find that none of them turn up to their squads having consumed alcohol prior to their squad. However after they finish they may sit down with their mates to have a drink while talking over the way they all bowled.

How much profit would AMF lose due to a ban on alcohol , the powers that be would role over in thier big fat executive chairs at MB if such a decision was made , banning alcohol would make league suck 4 me too

At least by saying on this forum about the carlton bowlings balls we hadnt received showed up today , thanks to the person that helped that problem along , whoe said total bowling was a big waste of time?

and yes i did by the way (re-the phone number ,it is in my pocket next to my you know what ,ring it as much as you want ,i quite like the feeling ,lol

ROTFLMAO.......things must be a bit slow in the tassie legal dept if they are taking on this. They also mustn't be very good since they didn't advice you to stop posting about this 'active legal case' on a public forum. So, is this a civil case and you are looking for some sort of compensation. Love to know what damages you are sueing for. Pain and suffering????? Would be an interesting case to try to prove but good luck.
BTW, when someone starts talking about lawyers/law suits etc...they normally don't have one.

And no, i do not work for AMF.

Holding a 196-200+ ave, and then turning up & bowling 475 in league (regardless of sobriety level)...

There is only one word to describe this action - SANDBAGGING!!!

Alcohol doesn't even enter the equation in this scenario, in my opinon.

Enough said.

Whatever! I had the ability to kick 10 goals a game but didnt so does that mean I was not trying in the games i did not?
Something to do with conditions, how my body felt, my opponent , running late, just got off the nest........maybe not........ ect ect.....
exactly the saem with League bowling.

It all sounds like a big conspiracy to me

Quick Davo, phone Mel Gibson or Julia Roberts, on second thought dont use the phone they are listening you know....................................:bullrider:

I see what you are saying, and yes, I agree good bowlers can have bad nights. (I myself have been known to throw the odd sub 500 every now and then). I think in this case though, it has been established that this guy "backup scout" (sorry, don't know your real name), is a very experienced bowler, (as he himself stated in one of his earlier posts, he's bowled something like 18 x 300 games!!), and it seems to be common knowledge amongst the people in the league he bowls, that he IS a 200+ bowler, so therefore, I believe the league officials got this one right, in giving him a 190 average.

As I said in my previous post, I agree that a 200+ bowler, can have a bad week or two, I have even been guilty of sub 500 league nights as well....

It just seems rather obvious to me that this guy was doing nothing other than SANDBAGGING.

I'm done with this thread now, it seems to be going around and around in circles!

:p:p:p Your hairy legs are to short to kick 10 goals, you big brute of a full forward you.

Rob

C/H Forward before i realised i was not tall enough but was much,much quicker than lumbering meathead Full Backs, just had to start in the square and run like buggery! (to about 30mt, couldnt kick over a jam tin apparently!):p

DO YOU WORK 4 AMF ASWELL????

WOW you got me......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................NOT !!!!!!!

Maybe next time you should spend the time and do some research and see who you are posting to. It's all under the " Members List ". Then once your done, grow some and publicly apoligise to Mr Jason Doust for acusing him of something he didn't do YOU GOOSE.

Hammo

I gotta say, if nothing else, I am getting a massive laugh from this thread so keep going guys.

I have a decent average as well and we all have the ability to throw off for a night or 2 without being called sandbaggers. In saying that though it sounds like the original poster wants us to justify his "average management" with a pat on the back. Good luck!!! Imo, cheating is cheating no matter how you try and justify it.

Go the legal team, cant wait to see the outcome. Looks like you may have to get the team to write an apology to Jason Doust though. Cant wait to read it either.

Back
Top Bottom