Senior Shield 2009

ROYGBIV

No more Mr 4 eyes!
Less than one week to go and no post about Senior Shield (so i thought i might start one)!

Probably because us over 45 year olds can't use a computer...:confused:

... or maybe we're saving our energy for the marathon of nine games!! ;)

See you in Wodonga :p:p:p

Roy

Less than one week to go and no post about Senior Shield (so i thought i might start one)!

Probably because us over 45 year olds can't use a computer...:confused:

... or maybe we're saving our energy for the marathon of nine games!! ;)

See you in Wodonga :p:p:p

Roy

thats true roy u old blokes are hopeless at computers
maybe its because nobody cares about u old farts lol
and are waiting for adult counrty cup

thats true roy u old blokes are hopeless at computers
maybe its because nobody cares about u old farts lol
and are waiting for adult counrty cup

Spoken like a true young fella... we have least reached this age and we are still keen enough to go bowling

Ace_Hi

Senior shield is a joke. 45 years of age does NOT make you a senior.

So I guess you are just talking about the name of the competition, not the actual competition itself?

Have you got an alternative name? (printable, of course!):rolleyes:

Roy:

very true brian good to see u have the hunger to bowl competions still
y didnt u try for acc kristian did

the reason y they made senior shield is for all the old blokes on the way down who cant keep up with us young one haha

Pretty sure I could get into Senior Shield if I tried hard enough.

Good luck to all those competing this weekend.
I am sure that a good time will be had by all.

Not sure which G-string Goerge Turner is taking this year but lucky for the ladies he has retired the elephant.

Rob

I would also like to wish all Bowlers good luck at Wodonga this weekend. Fingers crossed Colac can defend the trophy they won last year.

(It seems that Rob and I are keeping a closer look at Senior shield these days -- only a couple of years to go until we can both join the party :)

whats the point Gary, if you listen to what Wayne has to say about it. it seems it is a joke.

Anyway joke or not I am about to leave for Wodonga and like always give it my best shot.

Ace_Hi

I would just like to wish everybody good luck for this weekend.

I won't be thinking about not bowling this event in the near future. ;)

Liz

whats the point Gary, if you listen to what Wayne has to say about it. it seems it is a joke.

Anyway joke or not I am about to leave for Wodonga and like always give it my best shot.

Ace_Hi

Firstly - i don't listen to Wayne :p

and secondly - i think he was referring to age 45 being called seniors as being a joke - not the actual Tournament - (i'm sure he will correct me if i am wrong)

Have fun Brian!

Firstly - i don't listen to Wayne :p

and secondly - i think he was referring to age 45 being called seniors as being a joke - not the actual Tournament - (i'm sure he will correct me if i am wrong)

Have fun Brian!

HA, Senior shield is just a reunion of Ex C/C bowlers not good enough to continue in the MAIN GAME anymore, bunch of wrinkely old farts!:p
I hope Andrew Craig doesnt read this thing! The rest of you are past it, give up, go home drink some tea and take a nap or something!
Chandler you shouldnt be far off this comp would you?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!:D

Yes, I was referring to a 45 year old being called a "senior." If I really thought the competition itself was crap, I would've said so.

All I know is the Ladies was won by Warnabool. The Mens by geelong and the Overall and therefore the Senior Shield Winners are Warnabool.

I must say they were the Hardest conditions I have ever tried to bowl on and i did not go as well as would have liked, but i guess thats Bowling for you

All I know is the Ladies was won by Warnabool. The Mens by geelong and the Overall and therefore the Senior Shield Winners are Warnabool.

I must say they were the Hardest conditions I have ever tried to bowl on and i did not go as well as would have liked, but i guess thats Bowling for you

Hard conditions are great, makes you see just how good some people are when you have to you your brain and skill! hard conditions bring every one else back to my level thats why i like it that way:)

Hard conditions are great, makes you see just how good some people are when you have to you your brain and skill! hard conditions bring every one else back to my level thats why i like it that way:)

Tough conditions are fine, but when you have to resurface 11 balls for the team when they get back, well thats just a little too tough.

we have had the 2009 senior shield already?

After rob showing me what the lanes did to the bowling balls down there, thats just not right. I would have walked out had that happen to my equipment.

Back
Top Bottom