SAJYC Secondary Survey

Dion A

Hey guys and girls we are looking further into some of the sugguestions placed on the surveys handed out on Sunday and were wondering if you guys could share your ideas on the following ideas for the circuit for 2005!!!

1. 8 games instead of 6 each event

2. Have all the events singles events instead of doubles

3. The introduction of and adult section 2 the circuit

Your guys comments would be much appreciated and not just the people attending the circuit!! Thanks guys look forward 2 ur comments

Dion

hey.
All those sound very decent but how much will entry fees cost if its 8 games.
me personally. i would like to see a points system put in. but for the bowlers that miss a tournament it may be hard to catch up.

Also the lane conditions especially if the adults came in to the circuit i would like to see them improve on the lane conditions No more 20 board areas. some of them were way too easy ((village, yes i did read brentons coments on villages track area so it wouldnt matter how hard u make the lanes they will always open up), salisbury and sure there were others). I bowled through every SAJYC and only saw 2 centres that bothered to test all types of bowlers and they were Cross Road (even after the 6 games these lane Never opened up - was their tournament condition) and believe it or not Barossa. i dont want to see it impossible because the younger generation that are comnig through the ranks wont enjoy the circuit. It would also be good for bowlers like myself and adult bowlers going to youth tournaments next year.

thanks Alex

I like the idea of the Adult circuit! At the moment if you are aged between 24 and 45 there are no regular events to play in here.

Good idea, hopefully there will be some support from the above age bracket to warrant introducing an adult circuit.

I'd also prefer to play Singles. How do you pair up the doubles partnerships for these events?

Jo

alex you and I think alike. I too would like to see a points system put into place, as the system we have atm is too confusing and basically not fair. by having a points system, if a bowler bowls lets say 5 out of 8 comps, and wins them all, he will then have say 50 points for a win. therefore, it will not matter what he averaged, rather that he got the win and the points.

why is it unfair? because more of the junior and youth bowlers(aswell as adults now) will be competing in interstate and international tournies next year, and will most certainly miss some of the Junior/youth circuits. So my point of having a point structure instead of averages comes into play, as you could have say a maximum of 8 tournies and have your best 6 performances to put into the overall points. it wont matter what you have averaged, just as long as you have the points won.

also, i believe all the comps must be singles tournies.

my opinion

matty k

Okay well first of all i believe 4 centres tested skill this year and really its a we get what we've been given situation regarding lane conditions which is being looked into!!! Cross Road, Barossa, Woodville and Norwood all were testing centres this year!! We are hoping to repeat these kinds of conditions through-out the year next year 2 help develop the standard of bowling in SA and getting people used to bowling on conditions which they will bowl on in ranked events!! The ranking points are being looked into by the committee!!

Jo the doubles partners were made by the bowlers!! The calendar is also being arranged not to clash with ranked events so those travelling will not be disadvantaged!!!

Thanks guys for your comments please we want more!!!!

Dion

that sounds all good. :D
my only problem with this is that if we have a 3:1 ratio the younger generation of bowlers may not like it but it is a good way to improve bowling in SA. Cross Roads tournament condition will be hard for just about every bowler there is no doubt. as for norwood they were good also just forgot about them (frigging dry in mattys case) and woodville were well woodville. haha.
one things for certain next year i doubt you will see the same condition put down. score will vary alot between some bowlers.
and the no collision of other tournaments sounds great.
Alex

I've got an idea or more to put forward.

Can we arrange the events around my time schedule? As so I can bowl when ever I chose, and what ever time I chose.

OOo... Also - Can I be put incharge so I can ban players like Matty, Alex, Ashley.... Paul, Bobba, Dion..... the list goes on..... 52players later, pretty much everyone bar myself.

After they've paid there cash ofcourse, so i'm guarantee'd the profit of the day.

I think this would make the circuit 100% succesfull, not to mention keep everyone in line and competeting.. against me.

HEHE.

Nah, sounds good with the point system and the non-clashing weekend. It's gonna be hard to try and keep free of all competitions, as there is always something on. I'm sure you guy's will put things into priority ranking!

One more idea though if I may. Send Noarlunga an oiling machine before we go there for the circuit :p No offence intended !

On a more serious note - You could even possibly put a 'best 6/8 game series' thingy in there. That way you can choose your best 6/8game block and have that as your ranking - That way everyone has a chance to get up the top.

There's always some people that excell at centres, and some that don't. Since we're playing at most/all centre's - It should be reletively even.

Instead of taking the 6 of the 8 or what not for the ranking - Just take your best 'block' of the 8 events. (or however many circuit/events there are.)

Dunno why or what i'd improve or change, just thought it'd be wickey.

ok

1. maybe, depends on centre

2. SINGLES maybe 1 doubles event

3. GREAT IDEA

AND the DITCH CENTRES PUT MORE OIL AND MAKE IT ATLEST 2:1, and yes ben please send Noarlunga a oil machine!

GREAT idea for the ranking points thingo system!!

oh and one more thing, have 1 round of the circuit were it ALL IN ONE THING!! and make it top 5 step ladder and top 5 prize money!!

thats just an idea!!

Ashley

Hey peoples, just like 2 say these suggestions sound pretty phat but i was just wondering about stepladder finals? Cross roads had one and twas quite interesting 2 say the least especially in the youth section where clair was killin it all day but ended up not winning (nice work tav). If there are plans to keep stepladder maybe repecharge might be considered?

Cheers,

Bobba

P.s Phat party, should be held annually (thats wat i reckon)

Peace out

Thanks guys keep em coming!! The oiling patterns will depend on what centres can do and if they are prepared to do that for us, we tried to stop the ditch conditions, especially near the end of the year, but at the end of the day its what the centre puts down!! All efforts will be made to see that their are fair and harder conditions but not impossible as we dont want the bowlers coming through the ranks to be demoralised because they bowl really bad in the circuit!! Stepladder finals are another thing we will take into consideration and ill put that one back out to you guys to see what ya want if you want/dont want them let us know!! Also the introduction of the Adult circuit may mean it would not be on the same days as the jnr/youth because of the adult tourneys would this be a problem???

Another idea that was talked about last year was to have the first however many rounds then cut to whatever and have the last one as a masters type round, what do you guys think of this???

P.S Ben i'll ban the rest of them for you just not me hahaah just messing!!!

Cheers
Dion

It would be great to see an adult section dion , as Jo said from 25 to 45 there is nothing really for us to bowl aprt from the regular state champs, masters etc but sa tourneys will be good .

In regards to getting a decent oiling pattern, if you have any suggestions on that send them to either dion or myself and over the break we can start putting something together and then put it to everyone and see what they think

currently devising a ranking point system that is fair, but the calendar is structured atm to not clash with any YOUTH and ONLY YOUTH ranked events. If the Adults do have a circuit, then we will adjust accordingly

Brad

With 8 games and or the stepladder the price of the circuit would go up for each round!! Probably 10 bucks a round for the 2 extra games!! Stepladder would be extra to but nowhere near as much, unless you guys want less prize fund and i dont think thats on anyones agenda haha!!!

Dion

well its nice to see that at least everyone has thier thinking cap on and we are all starting to move in the same direction =D> in bringing this state back to the competitive reputation that it once had (and may still have in some parts of australia) and its nice to see this forum being used constructivly :lol:

all of the ideas sound great, but i think we need to establish a defined goal and all work toward that first. baby steps my friends.. if we all go trying to get everything done at once the whole thing may all fall apart. its obvious alot of people have great ideas but not everyone can make it to meetings etc to voice opinions so i suggest while the guys that are involved with all this (dion and co)are trying to help bowling we all need to help them as much as possible and provide pleanty of feedback and maybe this forum can be used for just that as it seems to be happening but i have a feeling that plenty of people have more feedback that needs to be published..

maybe dion if you dont mind can be the 'gofer' and relay the online feedback to the rest of the organisers as i know you have a close relationship with them (live with them :D ) and maybe create online poll's to get the voting done..

anyway on to my ideas.. :roll:

I AM ALL FOR AN ADULT SECTION !!!!

to become better bowlers we need to become better educated.. knowledge is power..

firstly the lane conditions.. i am a true believer that a good bowler can adjust to any conditions.. i think every center tested all bowlers some found it easy some found it hard.. read on and youll see why... i think that while you can talk to centers about their patterns i wouldnt want to change things too much, in s.a there is alot of conditions and a variety of surfaces to bowl on.. if you do travel to tournaments you dont get to decide what condition you bowl on, you bowl on what your given.. i think a better way to tackle this maybe at the start of the tournament the head tech (or someone in the know) briefly describes the oil pattern and how it works this should start to teach those less experienced bowlers what they are looking at and why they're ball is reacting the way it is.. if you want to teach someone to be more competitve they need to understand all aspects of the game. while some people need a 20 board area some people can hit a 1 board target the people that can do both will do well on all conditions.. bowling on different conditions will build the standard of bowling in this state, just remember a bad tradesman always blames his tools or anything else.. a good tradesman will look at the problem and fix it as best he can with what he's got.

i think the 8 games instead of 6 is a good idea.. but why not both.. to keep things intresting you need to have a variety maybe 6, 8 or 10. 6 and 8 game tourny's throughout the year and maybe a ten game final round with a stepladder maybe a tourny at the end of the year for just top 5 in each division where they play off for a bowler of the year prize or something similar (like dion's masters idea) i think if you mix the tournys around and make them a bit longer it will start to condition bowlers physically and mentally for bigger comp's eg state rolloffs, s.a cup and other national tournaments..

i think the first thing that we need to work out is what do we want to achieve from all this? maybe this could be the first poll? eg
1) something to do on the weekend
2) a fun tourny where i can make some money
3) a tool that can be used to train for bigger tourny's
4) an education in bowling
5) a training excercise
and any other ideas you guys have..

i think maybe some incentives for people that are out there all the time supporting the cause would be good too eg most improved, high average etc similar to a league but much bigger..

SPONSORSHIP - all of this all costs money and we know this sport of ours isnt cheap. maybe if we all start approaching business etc we could pick up some local sponsorship and maybe that will help keep costs down and maybe give us a prize fund to aim for at each tourny or something for the end of year.. maybe fatloaf.com could sponsor... scotty?????? :wink:

food for thought anyway..

leave you all with it for now

cheers
spence 8)

Granted, while I make millions off of fatloaf.com every month, its invested and laundered through many trapezoidal schemes (not the common pyramid ones) to try and further my investment into the farming of outer mongolian swamp rats for their fur. Its going to take off, mark my words. So in regards to sponsorship, I'd be sponsored. Sponsored in the sense that I would have a shirt with fatloaf.com on it that I paid for along with the entry fee and everything that goes with it. So nothing changes really. :)

Perhaps something to look into is contacting some of the TBA head's in other states like QLD or NSW where they have circuits set up to do precisely what we're talking about here. To me, there's no sense in reinventing the wheel, lets just find out how they do it and adjust it to our needs.

Of course, it goes without saying that I'd be involved in an adult circuit, with fatloaf.com emblazened on anything that will hold the logo. Simple as that.

Spence thanks for your input, everything placed on this forum will be printed and taken to the committee meeting to discuss the 2005 program!! Regarding sponsorship we had to get through the first couple of years before someone will actually consider reading anything we have to say so moves will be made in that regards as the circuit still stands strong even when the bowlers are paying ALL the prize money!!! So we thank you for that we will try our hardest to get sponsorship for the circuit because it would be nice to have a nice healthy sum to aim for at the end of the season!!! In regards to the lane conditions the idea we are more heading towards is like the TBA policy where a ratio is stated not how long and how many units, so we wont be asking for specific patterns but ones that make people more consistant so when they head out to these ranked events even international events they have had practise on these sorts of lane conditions!!!

Thanks
Dion

Perhaps

We could even combine it, and do a all vs all sorta format.

Pays higher, and more placings ?

Rather then have the same ol 7 youth and only paying 1st :p

Back
Top Bottom