SA Under 23 Classic

M

Mini_Me

After a hard day on not the best conditions we all struggled. The top 12 boys and girls go into tomorrows finals to see who the two champions will be! Top 12 results from todays two squads:

Boys
1. Paul Gifford 2405
2. Adam Goldberg 2380
3. Jason Mooney 2342
4. Rehgan De Mather 2284
5. David Porto 2268
6. Mark Loader 2260
7. Michael Chugg 2249
8. Robbie Muller 2236
9. Joel Lovegrove 2218
10. Russell Martin 2217
11. Wesley Craill 2187
12. Michael Frazi 2179

Girls
1. Leisa Lumsden 2313
2. Toni Woodcock 2273
3. Kerry-Ann Klop 2268
4. Melissa Pryor 2246
5. Amanda Barrott 2243
6. Kellie Montgomery 2217
7. Louise Ingoe 2211
8. Kim Smith 2208
9. Zoe Mattsson 2180
10. Clair Johnston 2133
11. Tash Billing 2100
12. Michelle Halprin 2085

Good Luck to everyone bowling tomorrow morning.

May the best bowlers win :)

Hey everyone!!! Thanks heaps for the update sis :) I would just like to wish everyone good luck, especially my Bro, Frazi, Amanda Barrott and Leisa Lumsden :) Good Luck guys!!!! I hope everyone is having a great time, i wish i could be there with you all. Hopefully there will be some higher scores in masters to make it more enjoyable for everyone :twisted:

I was wondering if any bowlers from B Squad made the cut this year?

Peter,

Yes some of the bowlers that bowled B squad cut. There was 6 girls from A and 6 from B squad that made the cut and there was 7 boys from B squad that cut, therfore leaving 5 boys from A squad.

Shows the lanes were a better for B squad this year compared to last years results.

i bowled in the B squad for the U/23's and even though they put down the same oil pattern for A and B squad the A squad still got alot more oil.
i mean i had already moved 10 boards after 5 frames of the first game... it just wasnt that easy. people were usng their plastics after 1 or 2 games because they were so dry again. i hope next year they may put more than 5 units of oil down!!!!!! :x

well i had to get that off my back
cyas

Congrats to all bowlers

Hi all i just want to say congratulations to all the bowlers that bowled this years classic. Yes the conditions were tough, and eventually after a long day the champions were announced. :D Congrats to Adam and Toni for winning and to my buddies Leisa and Kimberly for their 2nd and 3rd placing.
Congrats also go to Paul Gifford and Wesley Craill for their 2nd and 3rd placings also, and to 4th down to 12th, congratulations.
We all bowled the best that we could on the given conditions and with that i say congrats to all bowlers again and for those that are still old enough good luck next year!!! :D :D :D

Hey everyone!! I would also like to congratulate Toni Woodc**k and Adam Goldberg, well done guys!! Another congratulations must go the top qualifiers and 2nd place getters, Leisa Lumsden and Paul Gifford!! Top effort guys. Now that the classic has been completed, who does that leave representing the SA Youth Challenge Shield team?? I know it was the four best placed SA bowlers that are eligible to represent SA in January next year, but i am not sure of who those bowlers are. Could someone let us know please, thanks!!! Congrats again everyone!! :twisted:

Youth Team SA

Hi Glen, JUstn lettin you know that if they took the top 4 then Leisa, Kimberly, Clair and Zoe would be our girls team as i am too old and finished 3rd highest. Our boys team would be Paul Gifford, Jason Mooney, Russell Martin and Michael Chugg as i think Wes Craill who was 2nd highest is too old, but then i think you have to be 18 and under 23, I really dont know the ages of the bowlers or how our state is basing the selections from the tournament!!! I hope i have shed a little light for you :D
I do want to say that when the team is announced congrats go to all of them :D :D :D

Thanks Tash! :D The only thing i am unsure of is Zoe, all i mean is, she is still a junior, therefore i thought she was not eligible. Im sure the team will be announced soon and then everything will be clear :) But thanks again! :twisted:

After another hard day out at Elizabeth Bowl the two winners of the SA Under 23 Classic are Adam Goldberg NSW and Toni Woodcock WA! Congrats guys you bowled well :)

The results at the end of the tournament:

Position: Name: State: Bonus Pins: Points: Overall Ave for 23 games (pinfall carried over from qualifying)

Boys

1. Adam Goldberg NSW 210 93.33 194
2. Paul Gifford SA 180 92.42 193
3. Wesley Craill SA 210 92.33 192
4. Jason Mooney SA 180 91.47 191
5. Robbie Muller QLD 240 91.35 188
6. Michael Frazi NSW 210 91.21 189
7. Joel Lovegrove VIC 180 90.01 187
8. David Porto VIC 120 89.45 190
9. Mark Loader NSW 90 88.45 189
10. Russell Martin SA 120 88.11 186
11. Rehgan De Mather VIC 150 86.31 181
12. Michael Chugg SA 90 85.41 182

Girls

1. Toni Woodcock WA 210 91.19 189
2. Leisa Lumsden SA 210 91.03 188
3. Kim Smith SA 240 90.36 186
4. Michelle Halprin NSW 270 87.43 179
5. Amanda Barrott NSW 150 86.38 181
6. Tash Billing SA 210 86.27 179
7. Clair Johnston SA 180 86.20 179
8. Zoe Mattsson SA 165 86.07 179
9. Louise Ingoe SA 90 84.15 179
10. Kerry-Ann Klop SA 75 84.09 179
11. Melissa Pryor SA 90 84.04 178
12. Kellie Montgomery QLD 90 82.24 174

Also a short note for everyone that might be bowling next year it will be held at Sailsbury Bowl not Elizabeth! Also it will be on the weekend of the 16th and 17th of August. Hope to see everyone back again and more coming too :)

Glen,

The team will be announced during the week! Letters are being sent out so we will know then once i know i will post them for you.

Also it is 18 to 23 so if they are still juniors next year they cannot bowl and 23 this year they cannot bowl.

Hope this helps a lil sorry i aint much info

Toodles
Lil Leisa

hey every one,

well seeing as the under 23's is at salisbury next year i wonder if A and B squad will get an even condition, i know for a fact that mike cole rix should have been in front of some of those bowlers in the top 12 he was unlucky because the condition in B squad was too dry, and innconsistent, i think that maybe if these centres are going to hold a youth ranked tournament we should get in a keegle machine. i know that other bowlers will agree with me because i was talking to them!

any way it was a good tournament and i hope to see more people knowing that we are going to a ditch condition like salisbury!!

cheers :D :D

Absolutely Disgusting!!!!

I would to like to express my extreme disappointment in a certain State Bowlers behaviour duiring the Under 23 Classic over the weekend. You know who you are. Not only did you embarass yourself infront of how many people, but lost the respect of people that have watched you for many years now!! I only hope that you grow up and realise that you're not as good as you think you are!! Lose the attitude and people may not always be out to stir you up!!

Other than the disturbing behaviour the tournament was good. As a spectator I felt very welcome to Elizabeth Bowl. The Manager did a fantastic job trying to get everything ready. It's a real shame it has to go to Salisbury next year, but these things do happen I spose. It takes alot of hard work to get tournaments ready and organised, so well done to Sharon and her 'helpers'. I hope you stay involved... God knows they can't do it without you!!!!!!

Congratualtions to Toni and Adam, well fought out in the end. Also Congrats to Leisa and Kim and Paul and Wesley. I hope that next year we can get more entries for this tournament. It has been around for a long while, it would be a real shame if it was to be lost!! I would be very disappointed personally as I am was too old to bowl this year and I had bowled in it every year since it started back in 1995.... I think...??? Maybe even 1994....

Well thats all for now.. Hope I haven't upset too many people by expressing my feelings. Get over it if I have.. Sorry..

Martina

Just like to know how the U23 Team to represent SA is going to be selected Eg the criteria and who came up with the criteria as this subject has not even been discussed at any board meeting. So if the team is announced who made up the criteria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!
a ditch thats surely goin to improve our youth bowlers..
wat fun!!!
look out ppl australia can bowl on a ditch...
but all serious something has to be done..
something tuff but fair...
same for BOTH squads..
take it easy
mickey :wink: 8)
p.s no punt takin at anyone!
its just in general

u23's state selectoin

Just to let you know about the state selection for the U23, we were ment to know on the weekend but the was a mess up with the letters the were
given out asking if you want to be up for selection and some one put in a protest and it has been delayed. They are thinking about anouncing it at the jouior state titles in Sept. :?:

and i am in the same frame of mind and hope that it will be the same condition for A and B . if not i will not be bowling in it.

well, i can only say i guess martina is having a go at me!!! if u knew why i said what i did u would of understood dont jump to conclusions. i am glad people where watching me and i now appologise to those people, but if some one said somthing to offend u would you take it in a calm manner...I DOUBT IT!!!

thanx alot but if u are going to talk about me say my name

cheers :wink:

u23 selection

Hi, netman i was one that was given a letter to say that i was up for selection and then i was asked for my letter back and was told that there had been some confusion in the age criteria and with myself being 24 in may makes me too old. I at first believed you had to be 18 and no older than 23 at the time of the tourney which would have made me eligable for selection. I gave my letter back as i was informed that the mix up had been made and accepted the decision, i did however state that i was dissappointed as i would have liked to bowl but in the end rules are rules and i accepted the appology i was given, end of story :( :D I do thank the people involved for saying before selection was done and was happy with the way it was handled. :D

Listen Paul, I totally understand where you are coming from. I have had my fair share of s*#t dealt to me over the past 2 years, but you have to ignore it. I made a huge mistake myself last year and today I am still paying for it.. And god do i regret what happened, but you can't just say "sorry". You may now apologise, but that moment will live in everyones memory FORVER!! Trust me!!

Understandably you may not have deserved what happerened, but was that the way to react?.... You could have got yourself disqualified. Why let everyone get to you. Show them on the lanes, but lose the attitude and you will go far in this sport. You sure have the potential. I am disappointed at what happened, you are the YOUTH of SA! Now grow up and be mature and show not only me, but the rest of them that doubt you, that you can be one of this States best bowlers. Good Luck in your endevour to prove yourself!!

Martina

Back
Top Bottom