Rosemount 2003 - a must bowl event!

CSP

I attended the Rosemount Cup in 2001 and enjoyed the event. I totally agree with George that The Rosemount Cup has great atmosphere and is a must for more Easterners to attend. I was booked for this event this year and would have liked to attended but due to work commitments wasn't available.

Last year was great, bowling against the best in Australia along with Tim Mack & Carol Gianotti-Block. Looking at the results of this year's event, it again was one of the best events.

Congratulations to Frawls on the win.

I will be there for Rosemount Cup 2003.

icon_smile.gif

Christian

Us easterners just don't know what we are missing. I ventured to Perth for the first time since 1997 for this years Rosemount Cup, I'm glad I did and will always be back from now on. For starters, the westerners always ensure that we are billeted and that way pay no accomodation and keep expenses down to a minimum.

The centre itself, a 8 lane center upstairs from a pool hall and Sandlors Pro Shop. Fully catered with great food and Gio's bar. The staff there are incredible (thanks Col and Steve) and to the credit of the owners, the prizefund was kept at a high level even with the low entries. It doesn't take a scientist to work out that these guys chipped in a lot of money to keep the bowlers happy, I personally thank you for your hospitality and support.

The Friday night " Bowl with the Pro's " was an outstanding success and I'm sure we'll see that again next year. The lane conditions were challenging and the there was never a shortage of oil anywhere on the lane. If we all bowled on conditions like that more often, we'd all be better bowlers.

Overall the tournament not only offered great competition and great money, but an atmosphere which money can't buy. I can't wait to bowl next years event and would encourage more people from the East coast to attend.

Thank you Ballzy, Stax and wimpy for a great weekend. It was good to meet you guys in person and look forward to dart game again on the Perth Cup weekend. Go the lefties!!

Well I can only describe the result this year as a "Promoters Dream". With one game left in match play Frawls leads by 14 pins and opens the first frame, Tim spares and the lead is now only 3. So it came down to the last game between one of the worlds top players and arguably Australias best. Andrew steadied to carve out a nice 235 but Morss pushed him all the way with young Matt Rogers giving Tim a hard time as well. A fitting end to a great 3 days of action. Thank you George for those kind words and I hope you can spread the word for us for next year. I'll make sure we get some entry forms across the border this time. Well done to Stax for running a great tournament once again and of course to Col and Steve for keeping the prize fund healthy. Hopefully we will get a full field next year. Thanks to all the players from the east who made the trip this year and we may see you back for Perth Cup in June so keep that in mind. Tim kept us all entertained for 3 days and lets hope he can get back next year but with Tim you just never know where he will be. Fingers crossed. So all in all a fantastic event this year and once again well done to Frawls for a tough win. See you all in a couple of months. Baron
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom