Right wrist issues

StrikerMatt

Hey all
Recently i had a physio on my right hand (the bowling hand). The pain occurred while i bowl but not other times. The physio said that i should not bend my wrist forward tomorrow when i play at Kirwan. Its ruthless about having the wrist guard on because it effecting my bowling balance!

Anyone else have same issue?

Cheers
Matt

Matt,
to be honest im not sure what standard of Physiotherapist you went to but if you are having hand pain whilst bowling it wont go away if you bowl. You are zero chance of not bending your wrist with a bowling ball hanging off it.

My tip to you from someone who has had injuries requiring physio (back pain).... have a week or 2 off, continue with the physio and get the injury right before you go back. Bowling will still be there and if its only league play its no big deal.

It was hand therapy. The hand was not in pain, it was my bottom small finger that holds the ball (hooking it) that carrys the weight. I have to stretch the tendon from the finger to the wrist, if the finger get hurt, my wrist will react to it.

At least i will bowl tomorrow as usual but will have the wrist guard on. Another therapy on next Wednesday to figure more out about it.

Hey all
Recently i had a physio on my right hand (the bowling hand). The pain occurred while i bowl but not other times. The physio said that i should not bend my wrist forward tomorrow when i play at Kirwan. Its ruthless about having the wrist guard on because it effecting my bowling balance!

Anyone else have same issue?

Cheers
Matt

It was hand therapy. The hand was not in pain, it was my bottom small finger that holds the ball (hooking it) that carrys the weight. I have to stretch the tendon from the finger to the wrist, if the finger get hurt, my wrist will react to it.

At least i will bowl tomorrow as usual but will have the wrist guard on. Another therapy on next Wednesday to figure more out about it.

:confused:

Sorry i was meant the pain did not occurred other times than bowling. I wasnt mean the full hand. Its the finger that joins the wrist.

Just wondering how a wrist brace will affect your balance??

Rob

Not sure, i dont even havebig basketball hand that can hold the ball well to keep my balance good. I will find out tonight to see if affecting my balance in the 4step method.

If your having pain in your hand, best to go and see a doctor about that. If need be, the doctor can refer you onto a surgeon, who can look at exactly whats going on.

It might be something little now, but it could grow into a serious injury. Better to be safe than to be sorry.

My palm is actually holding the ball like a cup.

I scored best my highest ever of 212. I did pre games for this summer, that when i got 212 in that part. So i played the tonight league after it and i didnt reach 100 at all! My wrist wasnt affecting me. It something gotten in me. I used the same method and thinking cap whole time since the pre games......now something is killing me :(

First of all i think 212 is my peak at age of 19. Now i think issues kept going towards me. I got tour starting from 21st this month and i dont have much time (because of uni exams between now and then) Now i think im crazy person, i have aspergers thing and i thnk it afftect my full function of bowling

Back
Top Bottom