returning to bowling

D

Deborah

I have just moved to Wentworthville and am looking for a bowling centre with league play on either Tuesday or Wednesday nights, I have not played for over 6 years but I am keen to start again

Deborah said:
I have just moved to Wentworthville and am looking for a bowling centre with league play on either Tuesday or Wednesday nights, I have not played for over 6 years but I am keen to start again

obviously no one is interested in beginner bowlers unless their average is 170 or better!!. I will just keep social bowling, my previous centre was more willling for not so good bowlers to join a league -- welcome to Sydney (not!!)

Deborah said:
obviously no one is interested in beginner bowlers unless their average is 170 or better!!. I will just keep social bowling, my previous centre was more willling for not so good bowlers to join a league -- welcome to Sydney (not!!)

Not quite sure what you expected from your post. You didn't seem to ask a question or request any advise.. If you wish to bowl league on a Tuesday or Wednesday night then go to you're nearest centre and ask!

Graeme

That would be the logical thing to do.

If you are not sure of centre locations in your local area, check out www.tenpin.org.au and click on the centres tab. Then pick up the phone and start calling.

Good Luck

From what I can see, Blacktown and Castle hill are going to be the closest centres to you. Both of these centres have loads of leagues to choose from. Parramatta is actually the closest, but who knows how much longer it's there for??

Gary

I have actually been to Blacktown , they are not interested in anyone with a low average (120) as mot of their leagues averages are around 160 +. Parramatta hasn't bothered to ring me back (after a week). I will just have to keep social bowling until I can improve enough to be among the elite!!;) ;)

Call me silly if you want, but I cant possibly see ANY centre in Australia turning away a bowler. It just wouldnt be logical.

There are many beginner leagues out there in various centres, with ball leagues and low cost leagues being very popular.

The only problem that I could see, would be that you are a single bowler, and the league mightnt have any vacancies. I am sure that they would be more than happy to find you a team that does have a vacancy, or try a singles league.

Good Luck.

here at chester hill we would be more than happy to accept you cause we have a doubles league starting next wednesday at 7pm and we are looking for bowlers, you will be treated like a family member here, our main purpose is to have fun and enjoy ourselfs no matter the results

I know it's a bit out of the way of Wentworthville, but Illawarra Strikezone will accept you for sure, regardless of average:D

Bubyee

Rowey:p

yeh a bit out of the way, it's just down the road hehehe! i'm only joking m8

thanks everyone, I will check out Chester Hill, Illawarra is just a little far:p :D

Disappointing to here that no one was interested at Blacktown.

I know Wednesday nights are extremely busy as they 22 team x 4 person league @ 6:30pm.

But if you speak to Sandi or Annette at Blacktown bowl, i know they will be able to assist you in your inquiry.

Cheers,

Paul Chown.

Back
Top Bottom