Results Tournament 2

bfcc

hi all, sunday was the 2nd tournament in the sport series for 2003 and once again the conditions were tough but fair. we used the pba 2003 usopen pattern the only difference was the pba were on synthetic and we played on wood lanes. the scores will be posted in the next week the top 10 are below, we had a great turn out of 38 bowlers with a good mix of adults, youths and juniors. 19 places were payed with andrew hill in 19th on a 175.7 ave.

top 10
carl bottomley 2119
george frilingos 2085
lawrie hill 2057
darryl allford 1942
ben coupland (jr) 1930
mark lawton 1928
jagga morgan 1906
chris quail 1886
nev castle 1864
tony hamilton 1856

the next tournament is on sunday the 15th june please book in early with numbers growing it will be important !!!

Well done to Carl for the win. I bowled my arse off and fell 30 short. For a swinger to be so consistant early on the fresh is a credit to Carl's accuracy and skill. Apart from a 170 odd Carl was always on the card or above. The pattern was certainly tough and was one of the most challenging I had ever bowled on. Bowl a bad shot and get a 5 or 6 count accordingly.

Good signs for the AO, another Queensland on slaught on those Victorians, see if we can make it 3 from 3 after the last 2 wins. See everyone at the next Sports Series stop.

PS Mick, let me know what squad your bowling next time, I'll be sure to book my squad with yours. Could do with some easy brackets money. :lol:

Sports series

Thanks Jeff and staff,

Had a great day bowling. I found the conditions fun. Pity there isn't enough support for a singles league with those conditions.
I heard a lot of comments from the younger bowlers as to how tough the conditions were. Good thing they weren't aroung ten years ago.
I was there going for the lead up until the 7th game and I fell in a hole big time. Never mind , great experience though.

P.S George
You saw I was in B squad and quickly changed to A squad. C'mon tell the truth, you were worried. Any time you wan't to go just bring it on.
Mick Homes

i hate to do it but i asked george to move to a squad so i could fit more people into b squad, sorry mick but i have never seen george back down from a challenge (on the lanes) and if you have that much spare cash to give away we are still looking for a major sponsor for the sport series :wink: :wink: :wink:

will be interested to hear from the juniors and what they thought of the condition and the experience.

Full results

Full results have been listed on the QLD Bowling Webiste. Just follow the link below.

Results are there as well as averages and points standings. Although these are not the official standings.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom