Sport Series Results Tournament 2

bfcc

Hi all , i would like to thank al the bowlers that showed up today and bowled on what was a tough condition.
I will list the top 5 places and the full sheet will be posted later.
1-george frilingos 2074
2-tony hammilton 2030
3-lawrie hill 1959
4-vaughan white 1955
5-peter brierley 1953

bracket winners
$2-drewy
brando
tony
dwambo
tony + dwambo(tie half each)
$5-drewy
peter
george
dave

well done to george and tony who both bowled very well to finish over the card.
i would like all the bowlers to post a comment about the condition, good bad whatever.

ps. to the people who booked in then didn't show thanks for the phone call to let us now it makes it very hard to run a tournament!!!!!!!!!
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

Another test of skill. Good to see. You really had to be on your mark today. Well done to George and Tony, good effort. See you all at the next one.
icon_biggrin.gif

Definetly the toughest of the patterns we have bowled on in my opinion. Thanks BFCC for running the event again. Also thanks to Dave's better half who took care of the brackets. See you all at the next one.

G

Well,Well
Firstly thanks again to Jeff for this wonderfull pattern he decided to put down.To Bean and Sarah for looking after the scores and brackets and Noel for helping the ladies.
This was a very tough condition which made me have to think and concentrate all day.(and thats hard for me)Hitting my target and ballspeed was make or break for me.No area and no hold in the middle, but this made me have to BOWL not throw to an area.(shows how bad I really am)
It's good to see we have guys from the OLD school and current bowlers, but correct me if I am wrong, where are all the great up and coming juniors.
Well done to all who said they were bowling and showed up.to the others grow a brain!!
icon_confused.gif

Well done to the B'day boy (George) for winning and to Hammo for bowling well and being not far behind.
This was a BRUTAL day of bowling, but even I learnt a few things.And hopefully this will help my game.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

Hi Jeff, I was just wondering if you were still getting an overall standings list for the series going?
Thanks.
icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean M:
Hi Jeff, I was just wondering if you were still getting an overall standings list for the series going?
Thanks.
icon_confused.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Sean

This is unofficial .. but my calculations have the standings after 2 events as this .. Pilko w ill update them in the upcoming days and let uys know for sure. I am in t he prociess of putting the results in the menu on TotalBowling with all the upcoming dates.

Pos Name Total
1 Tony Hamilton 197
2 George Frilingos 194
3 Darryl Alford 193
4 Vaughan White 189
5 Lawrie Hill 189
6 Andrew Drew 187
7 Dave Hardy 181
8 Carl Bottomley 180
9 Sean Majanovic 178
10 Gary Bernardin 177
11 Brian Pilkington 177
12 Mark Scott 174
13 Harley Trevaskis 174
14 Dwayne Szklarczyk 174
15 Brandon Qualischefski 169
16 John Whillans 167
17 Andrew Hill 161
18 Gerald Cox 157
19 Chris Quaill 157
20 Brian Bates 156
21 Jim Hannah 153
22 Andrew Christopher 145
23 Peter Brierley 96
24 Jagga Morgan 93
25 Brendan Heathwood 90
26 Joe Gatt 90
27 Dale Stewart 89
28 Matthew Smith 85
29 Alex Winch 81
30 Jeff Brigg 79
31 Adam Lack 78
32 Jim Cross 78
33 Nev Castle 77
34 Matthew Thomas 76
35 Bruce Doig 73
36 David lloyd 72

That was a Truly EVIL pattern
icon_wink.gif
I am glad I at least got 1 game over 200. Seriously though that was VERY challenging and even though my average was Crap I still enjoyed bowling on it.

Thanks againg to all the people the run it, you's are doing a Great Job
icon_smile.gif
and congratulations to George and Tony for shooting over the card ... I must have though I was playing Golf ... lowest wins
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Graham - Can you let us know when the details are up on the Website ta!

Cya's next time

Mark T Scott

hi all, just to let everyone now the next sports tournament is on the 16th of june.
entry fee is $70
jioning fee is $25 (one of fee,after you bowl your second event you will get a kegel shirt)
10 games scratch pinfall
paying 1 in 2 (1 in 3 gets money back)
overall prizes for the series.

thanks graham for the overall results and pilko will send them to you shortly.

a big thanks to brian bates and all the staff at caboolture bowl, without the support of brian and the head teck daniel putting the conditions into the kegel machine and making sure everything goes well, we wouldn't be able to have the series.thanks guy's.

and to all the bowlers don't forget the sponsors-
alley's asphalt
northfield carsound
brando's proshop
track inc
hammer
kegel
caboolture bowl

the support from the sponsors has been great so if you need a product and you choose to use one of the sponsors tell them you bowl in the sport series and thank them for the support.

Just got to say that even though the pattern was tough..........imagine if it was at a centre where the carry was a lot harder....or the pins were heavier.....just something to think about.
icon_razz.gif

This was a true test of bowling , if you threw it good then you had a chance. If you threw it not so good then look out.......Dwambo used the word BRUTAL and he gets no arguement from me.

I was lucky enough to see a video tape of this condition when the pros bowled on it,the PBA National Championship , and it didn't look that tough when Walter Ray had a throw on it........mind you from what I could see he only missed his spot twice in the whole game.
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Will have to take some more time to come up with a really good excuse as to why I bowled so bad........does anyone think that" too old" would be good enough???????????
icon_rolleyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom