Research/ Bowling Tournament UPDATE

Darren,

Got you down for both squads you suggested.

Craig,
Changed you and Jimmie to A squad tomorrow.

I'll check this post again before leaving work tonight and update any information.

Again, if you don't have your name down and you want to "walk-in" on Saturday or sunday, you can do that. I would still like people for both the research and the tournament.

Again, if you have any questions, you can ring me at Mentone Bowl (9583 1244) on Saturday between 9am and 5pm.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
chris

Hi Chris,

Could you please change me to C squad for the Research tomorrow. B squad still ok for Tournament.

Thanks
Michael

Hey GUys

Reseach Bowling today i feel went really well. Having heart rate monitors strapped to our bodies made me realise how much your heart does increase when u are on a roll for strikes or just bowled a split.My scores started off slow then got better over the duration of the 5 games

Thanks to Chris and his team at mentone and Ballarat Uni for making this go ahead.

And Congrats to Jimmy Bowles for bowling his 298 game my first time seeing a good game like that in person :)

Cant wait for the Tournament tomorrow should be good :)

To all who said they would bowl this research day you missed out on a good day thanks Again see you all tomorrow

Simon Egan

Hi All,

Just reminding you that "Walk-ins" will be accepted tomorrow, but there is only room in A squad now, so you'll have to get up early and get there by 9am if you want to bowl.

Also, those that are bowling B squad, today I said the squad starts at 11:30am but on the entry form it says 11am. Thus, the sooner everyone gets there, the sooner we start (that is, if A squad is finished by 11am).

Also, very interesting to see that even in practice, when faced with a 300 game, HR does increase... as evidenced from Jimmie's HR in games 1 and 2 (106 Beats per minute), to 164 beats per min in game 3 (during his 298 game).

See you all tomorrow! It should be a good tournament.

chris

CONGRATULATIONS TO JIMMY BOWLES WHO WON THE 2008 UNIVERSITY OF BALLARAT RESEARCH TOURNAMENT THIS WEEKEND!!!!!
Thank you to those bowlers that participated in the tournament. It was a fantastic weekend that ran relatively smoothly. For those that indicated that they wouldn't mind being interviewed, if the interviews go ahead, I'll be contacting you within the next week.

Thank you again to the University of Ballarat for sponsoring the practice session on Saturday and also adding an extra $230 into the prize fund for additional payouts.

Find attached the scores for the tournament. Payout went to the top 6 for each of the following: scratch series in 1st 5 games, total wins in matchplay (2nd 5 games) with total pins during matchplay breaking any ties, and overall scores.

Dr. Chris

Attachments

• 2008 UB Tournament results totalbowling.xls
    23.5 KB · Views: 91
Thanks to Chris Mesagno for running this tournament.

I hope you are able to use your findings/research to benefit a) your students and b) the broader community.

Congratulations to everyone who took part. It was great fun.

Sorry Tothie for coming from behind in game 4 of matchplay. Looks like your bet on Essendon didn't get up either.

Also, I guess we better congratulate the overall winner. Jimmy, you are a star. You are being rewarded for the efforts you have put into your game.
Thanks for giving me a kick up the rear to join you, hopefully we can have many successful tournaments coming up.

Hope to see you all on the lanes soon.

Craig

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I got to practice having my arms folded staring at 22 blokes who thought it would be a good day to try to new "witches hat" tactic...

I don't think the tactic was too successful.

Although the next time I need to fold my arms in anger, I will be able to draw on this experience. :D

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that as specified at the tournament, Bruce Mitchell will be broadcasting these results on the radio on Sunday morning on 88.3 Southern FM at around 10.50 am.

Please listen in to see if we get some radio coverage of this...

Dr. Chris

Sorry Tothie for coming from behind in game 4 of matchplay. Looks like your bet on Essendon didn't get up either.
Thanks mate. You cost me $60 & Essendon $50.

Now, Thanks to Doc for running this tournament & congratulations
Jimmy.:)

Congrats Jimmy, you're the man at the moment. In a rich vein of form. Keep it up!! To Chris & Steve Arundell thanks for your efforts in promoting the game & for the weekend!!

Regards,

Darren Hallifax.

Back
Top Bottom