Redcliffe City Open

The Reggae

To Darren & Staff,

Congratulations on a very well run tournament this weekend, from reception to machinery & of course the fantastic food.

The only fault throughout was the scoring (I'm sure someone misplaced 3 pins on my scorecard) JUST JOKES!!!!!

Personal thanks to Darren for making myself & my family feel welcomed within the centre ;)

Regards
Brad Reggars

My first involvement with the Redcliffe Open as a Regional Technician has been a memorable one.Thanks to the commitment of AMF Redcliffes dedicated staff, volunteer staff, management, sponsors and last but not at all the least.....tournament bowlers.

I will reiterate Brads comments on the wonderful service from Tracey and her ever faithful staff in the Five star cafe.The cuisine was nothing short of delightful, and their service is second to none.

To Darren and Christine.....It is always a pleasure to work with such competence.No S/E Queensland tournament is as organized and synchronized as the Redcliffe open due their efforts.

Nobody at AMF Redcliffe Bowl deserves more credit than Daniel, Denish, Ian and Shaun.The technical staff have made the 2005 Redcliffe open to be a very special tournament.

Congratulations to George on the win. From all reports it was well deserved.

I had a wager on Team Bowling Balls Australia staffer Carl Bottomley to win for Visionary, but, it wasn't to be. Albeit a magnificent display of bowling by Carl which helped him to collect the Grand Prix points win for the season.

But I think, the proudest moment for me during the 3 day event was watching one of AMF Richlands Proshop/Bowling balls Australia Youth squad members, bowl his maiden perfect game , qualify for the top 20 and complete the tournament ending emphatically in fifth place with a 232 average.I am sincerely proud of your efforts Adam.

And it was wonderful reuniting with an old friend in Mark Ramsay, whom I hadn't seen in over 15 years.

As part of the Visionary / Bowling Balls Australia "family", it was great to catch up with Katie Wilton, Carl , Brian , Jason , Greg and Tim Kelly. A fantastic group of people who can bowl extraordinarily well.

Many thanks to everyone who attended AMF Redcliffe Five Star Bowl this weekend.I look forward to continue my affiliation with AMF Redcliffe, and hope to see the tournament expanding again next year.

Best regards,
Gavin

Gee all that talk about Visionary you would think they got first and second at redcliffe? By the way who did win and what were they bowling with?mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:confused: Oh that would be Track again. I would like to congratulate the only two Track Staff Members on there wins on the weekend. Congratulations George on your great win i heard you turned the after burners off with two games to go. And also to Jarrod on his Brunswick Australian Youth win in Canberra on the weekend.
WIN WIN FOR TRACK well done guys.

I would also like to cogratulate Darren & all the crew at Redcliffe for another great tournament.

The two constants every year in the "RCO" are the high scores & the smooth running of the tournament... Did I say "High scores"??... These were MASSIVE!! Particularly qualifying scores from "A" squad.

It was the George & Carl show again, but we expect great numbers from these guys on any condition. The real proof of the scoring condition is in how far down the list you have to look before the average drops below 200 - Well done to Gavin. They were a little on the dry side for me, but you can't please everybody can you?

It was great to see how many Visionary balls were being used over the weekend. I Know many people are sick of hearing about them but in order to get a product which is fairly new to be accepted by the bowling public, the big push is always going to be the only way to go. Let's face it, it's worked! People will always have their preferred brands. Companies like Track, Columbia, Ebonite, Brunswick etc. are making excellent products which are well established is Aus. They just have to accept another major player in the market share game.

I know that those of us that have made the switch to Visionary have no regrets. It almost feels like an unfair advantage. (& I missed the 20 - oops damn those 170 games!)

Already looking forward to next year. (Darren would you mind booking me a spot in "A" squad?)

Greg K

I'm with you Geg,

Well done to Darren and the staff at Redcliff... It was a great format this year with the pinfall carry over throughout the weekend. George and Carl were consistantly shooting high scores for the whole tournament and deserved to finish at the top... Congrats to George for yet another win..

I found 'B' Squad pretty challanging and struggled to adapt my game to suit, but you certainly can't question awesome scores that were posted... Well done to all those that cashed, see you guys at the sports series next weekend..

Cheers,
Tim Kelly.
www.visionarybowling.com

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say a huge congratulations to Darren, Christine and the rest of the staff at Redcliffe for runnning an awesome tournament. Everything was really well run, the lanes were great, the service by staff was friendly and top class. I had an absolute blast, and will definately be back again next year.

A big congratulations must go to George on his win, as he again showed what a brilliant bowler he is. It was also a real privelage to be able to bowl against a couple of bowling legends in Carl Bottomley and Mark Ramsay.

To anyone from NQ trhinking about travelling south for a tournament, I highly recommend the Redcliffe Open.

Cheers

Steve Hunt :D

I believe I mentioned in the thread, Cogratulations to George for his win.From all reports, it was well deserved.He bowled superbly.
I happened to mention Visionary due to my involvement with the manufacturer and the bowling staff.
Lets see now the top ten went,

1.George Frilingos-TRACK
2.Carl Bottomley-Visionary
3.Steve Hunt-STORM
4.Brendon Meads-EBONITE
5.Adam Pringle-Visionary
6.Mark Ramsay-Brunswick/Storm
7.Adam Lack-? Sorry Adam.
8.Shayne Melton-STORM
9.Tony Hamilton- LANE 1
10 Andy Nobbs- Brunswick

There you go Sam, does that look like I am flogging Visionary.You seemed to miss the point though.I was wishing the Redcliffe staff and bowlers well after a fantastic effort, not ramming a particular brand down anyones throat.
Besides, I actually sell a substantial amount of Track equipment, and Georges win will help me even more.
But, I am an exclusive Visionary dealer, and if you would like, I will personally send you a price list.So when the Visionary staff win tournaments in future, you can plug the equipment as well.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas,
Gavin

brown beach boy said:
Gee all that talk about Visionary you would think they got first and second at redcliffe? By the way who did win and what were they bowling with?mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:confused: Oh that would be Track again. I would like to congratulate the only two Track Staff Members on there wins on the weekend. Congratulations George on your great win i heard you turned the after burners off with two games to go. And also to Jarrod on his Brunswick Australian Youth win in Canberra on the weekend.
WIN WIN FOR TRACK well done guys.

Lets face it ...

It doesn't really matter what equipment they use, George and Carl could run first and second rolling eggs at cricket stumps.

Hiya

So Adam doesn't feel left out, he uses mainly Brunswick with a bit of Ebonite thrown in.

Also, congratulations on the staff at Redcliffe for a very well run tournament. Everyone was a pleasure to watch all weekend! Well done to everyone!

Kyles

Thanks Kyles,

I wasn't being disrespectful to Adam, I simply wasn't aware of what he uses.

Best regards,
Gavin

Kyles said:
Hiya
So Adam doesn't feel left out, he uses mainly Brunswick with a bit of Ebonite thrown in.
Also, congratulations on the staff at Redcliffe for a very well run tournament. Everyone was a pleasure to watch all weekend! Well done to everyone!
Kyles

Thanks Gavin i would love to recieve a Price list from another proshop never done that before!!!!!!!! but there is a first for everything. Have a good christmas mate and chat to you in the new year.

You're welcome Sam...

Have a wonderful Christmas and a safe new year.

Regards,
Gavin

No worries Gavin! :p I knew you weren't but thought I would just fill in the hole!!

Thanks.

Kyles :D

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome at my first tournie in Brissy, and especially to the Morgan's for opening their home to me and putting me up for the two nights. I must admit to feeling a little 'star-struck' bowling with so many respected bowlers but it was a great experience! Thanks everyone! And of course congratulations George!
Lana Hart

Back
Top Bottom