Ray Tilla 816

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
Congratulations to Ray Tilla, who this morning shot the highest ever series in Moonah Bowl's history, with a 816 series during a teams squad in the HTBA Championships. It is only the second 800 ever bowled at Moonah in 43+ years.

Ray shot games of 279, 258, and 279, which follows a 279 game and 705 series shot during Thursday nights Centre League.

Not bad for a man of 60+ years of age ;)

Congratulations again.

:confused: what the????, dont get me wrong great series by a great bloke, but are you serious?, is there anyone down there not avg 200+, there is a difference between... Fair,Tough, and no ability required... what are you guys doin down there??...

none the less.. great series mate.

Mark Foster

Well done, Androooo, tell Ray Frank Williams says well done.

Ray has been a good bowler since th 60's, most bowlers would not have heard of him, but I do, a very good bowler with a strong ball and accurate.

willey.

Dj bruv on da mix said:
:confused: what the????, dont get me wrong great series by a great bloke, but are you serious?, is there anyone down there not avg 200+, there is a difference between... Fair,Tough, and no ability required... what are you guys doin down there??...

There are 81 out 93 bowlers NOT averaging 200 in Centre League - Moonah's highest standard league.
Paul Lucock 213.51 (39 games)
Norm Green 212.51 (57 games)
Simon Commane 208.64 (39 games).
Ted Tylutki (48 games), John Phillips (54 games), Ray Tilla (57 games) all on 203,
Androo Phillips (51 games) and Paul Oakley (48 games) on 202.
Andrew Tylutki (42 games), Aaron Franklin (57 games), Simon Gourlay (51 games), Matt Cramond (51 games) all on 201.

Sponsors League on the Wednesday night has 4 out of 58 averaging over 200.
Matt Cramond on 208 (48 games)
Ian Maguire 202 (48 games)
Along with Paul Lucock a staggering 229 (24 games) as a substitute before he was injured.
Androoo Phillips on 211 (24 games) also as a substitute.
Other notables are Chris Commane on 193 (45 games), Mark Vass 189 (51 games) and Paul Oakley on 189 (45 games)
In the case of the latter three, they were all well over over 200 last season.

It is basically a real mixed bag, if you get a good pair, you will score well.
But the trick is, getting a good pair and this is in part why there have been some great inconsistancies this year.

Well done to Ray Tilla on a great series, Ray also holds the highest average for a sactioned season average (for greater than 66.6*% of a season) with 216.27 in Centre League a couple of years ago.

But hey, if it wasn't bowled in Launceston surely it mustn't count :rolleyes:

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm f*ckin' gettin' sick of the bitching about scores. :mad:

Congratulations to Ray on a great series.

Tiger, I beleive Andrew finished on 219 or 220 for Wellington league last season. You'd have to check with him.

Well Done Mr Tillier,

you Smooth, Grey Lefty you!.

Has Averaged over 200 for ever! ;)

Boris said:
Tiger, I beleive Andrew finished on 219 or 220 for Wellington league last season. You'd have to check with him.

Yeah Boris, it was a misprint, should've said "once held the highest average".
No edit button for some reason on here now. ;)

Dj bruv on da mix said:
Thanks Matt!!, can always count on you for some interesting stats!!!, love your work :p

No probs Bruv. I just used the league standing sheets here, easiest way to illustrate the point.

Actually there probably should be a sticky post on the biggest leagues around the state from each centre, Centre League at Moonah, Select Club in Lonnie etc detailing top averages etc.
Was asked to do one for Centre league some time ago, but haven't had the time. :)

Well done walter ray lefty style,bout time the records were all held by the lefties at moonah cause acording to anyone who is not a lefty,moonah is blocked 4 lefties,the simple fact is that we are just smarter bowlers,
**EDITED BY ADMIN**

Please refrain from abusing fellow members *WARNING 1*

Can anyone confirm the rumour a little birdie told me that Ted Bagley shot 299 in Select Club at Launceston the other night?

K-C said:
Confirmed Matt.

Left a 7 pin on the last shot.

Ahh thankyou Kace.
I didn't even know he was back playing the game.
Last time I remember seeing Ted, was being yanked out of Devonport Bowl (or was it Burnie?) for punching one of those score projector thingummie-whats-its, way, way, way back....lol
He's done very well.

Well done Ray. That's a superb effort mate. :D Please slow down before the ATBSO Nationals 'cause we want to kick some Tassie butt. :cool: All the best from the ATBSOQ gang.

Reg Reichel

Back
Top Bottom