rachuig entry forms

Maybe David it's not that we not dedicated but some of us in past years nominate , nomination is excepted, you qualify and then get told of the restrictions.

So don't put all bowlers in the same basket.

I would bowl tomorrow if the state association let me take my son.

Yeah thats true Adrian. Nothing like a little practice.

Its good to know that those dedicated women bowlers are turning up in droves to get into the team.

Hopefully Tenpin SA can find another 6 bowlers to support Amanda.

THANKS

DAVID.

Hey David , just my 2 cents worth here , but I didn't roll off this year coz My Kids Ben and I are off to the Gold Coast just 2 weeks later after the team get back for a family holiday for 12 days , and I always said I wasn't rolling off this year due to that fact..not any other reason.... some of the womens situations may have changed , work etc and some may financially not be able to afford it and life outside of bowling can thro some curve balls at us so for many reasons i doubt its that we are not dedicated , I after god knows how many years have not nominated... i believe 8 as i didnt bowl in 01 due to being preggers with my son . So we cant always assume its a bad reason people dont roll off ;)

I don't believe anyone has to justify to the next person why or why not people did or didn't nominate........people have their reasons.

Having said that, I'd love more numbers at the Sport Series events....:D:D

Personally, I'm just happy for the opportunity to be challenged by the lane conditions, I tried out not expecting to make the team, same as a couple of the other guys I spoke to, but I walked away knowing (I think all in attendance knows now as well :shy::shy:) what I have to work on to bring my game to the next level.

Thanks to Woodville and Village for laying a relatively consistent and challenging pattern and to TBASA for being a little lenient and not carding me on the weekend!

Finally, congratulations to all that made it this year and good luck in Queensland.

Cheers

Hey,

Congrats to the 5 guys and 1 lady for making the team, all the best for October.

Just want to say that was a real eye opener for me as it was my first try out and as MT said before i now know what i need to work on with my own game.

Thanks to Woodville and Village for laying a relatively consistent and challenging pattern and to TBASA for being a little lenient and not carding me on the weekend!

Finally, congratulations to all that made it this year and good luck in Queensland.

Cheers

Michael,

I think that they were a little lenient all round... apparently it doesnt matter if you kick a ball return or chair anymore, its all in the spirit of the game...

David... having bowled rachuig for the past few years I have to say that i am 100% NOT devoted to bowling rachuig.... so what?? I didnt see you out there....

Danielle

Give it a rest people, Rachuig died along time ago, not allot of incentive to bowl in it these days................

To the ones that made it well done. Hope you can do what we haven't done in over 20 years...............

As far as the girls team, very sad. It's certainly not going to be a SA team, as I am not a believer in drafts but more state of origin!
Depth in the girls side has never been there!

Brenton, unfortuneately not making it, tragic, a big loss to the team.

Michael, give it a rest on lane conditions, too much emphasis on this when it not important.

Sneezy, as far as dedication goes, you wouldn't like most of the bowlers these days don't even know the meaning of the word. Shoudn't throw too many stones my dear boy!

Cheers

Tony

P.S. I am moving house in a couple of weeks and doing a clean out, I have a WINNING 1989 Rachuig medal to give away to a nice home if any wants it. :)

Rachuig didn't die, it may have changed in some areas, but it surely hasn't died.

Last year was my 1st Rachuig & I absolutely loved it. It was an experience I could never have got bowling tournament after tournament. Every ball was pressure, everyone tried ridiculously hard & the way the SA Team stuck together & fired up every ball was amazing, it's something I was glad to be a part of. I'm not the only one that would share the same thing, so if you are calling Rachuig dead, then obviously you didn't see us last year. Try telling our team that there was no incentive to bowl last year. All we talked about was doing the state, the team & ourselves proud. Everyone that made the team last year had those incentives & look how well our team did. We surprised so many people that said we wouldn't have a chance to be up there. We took on the best teams, incredible bowlers & challenged them every time we took a step on that lane.

I also have to agree with Michael. Those lanes were probably the most toughest I had to bowl on & I even though I struggled for most part of the rolloffs, It has motivated me even more to learn more about the game & fix a few errors with my shot, so next time I am faced with another difficult condition, I will know I am able to throw my natural shot & score very well.

Congratulations to all that made it this year. Some great bowling on a difficult condition. Hope you guys can finish in the medals this year!

Matt,

Sorry I was comparing rachuig of old with the new. Most of you would find that a bit hard to do. No doubt the experience of bowling for your state, you would have enjoyed very much, I feel that it isn't what it use to be, even the format (no peterson points included) , the atmosphere I have been told isn't there like it was once before. Plus other things I'm not going to mention here. And it certainly aint going to feel like a state team if it is filled up with other people from other states. :)

I say good luck to all who made it, make the most of it.........

cheers

Tony

Tony,

I know what you were stating sorry, that's why I wrote on my original post that it had changed in certain areas. The thing is yes the atmosphere may have changed, but I don't think the team spirit has changed. Some things have changed over the years, some slight, some more significant. But there is certainly nothing like getting a state top, wearing it proudly & trying the best you can. Gone are the days where you had big numbers rolling off, but even though the numbers aren't what they used to be, for the people that do still rolloff, it is great.

There's always the difference of watching a sport & playing the sport. Whilst there maybe less people watching Rachuig from a few years ago, to the bowlers actually bowling, the atmosphere is great to them. You become so involved with your team while bowling, that you forget about everything around you. It's a will to succeed, a will to bowl well. To me that is the real atmosphere. As long as that atmosphere continues & gives bowlers that great feeling of being a part of a team or anything at state level, then that is always great for any sport, especially the one we are all in.

Back
Top Bottom