Rachuig 2004

Yup, the last of the resurfaced lanes (17-24) will be finished Friday afternoon in time for a Saturday night opening.

I had my first roll on them tonight, couldn't have been more different than on the weekend, with a new oiling pattern laid today to 44-feet.

I played on 1&2 (generally the straightest pair in the house) and several of us had balls backing up the entire way down the lane.
Ended up on 597/3 but, I will be updating my equipment ASAP as the old equipment I've used down the years will no longer cut it out there - atrocious carry.
Left myself a 5-8 off the pocket (Haven't left that since juniors :lol: ) an 8-10 and fourteen 10-pins :x

All in all, Doug, Terry & John have done a great, and very thorough job with lanes out there, and they should be great once all the dust settles and they are worn in a bit, and when I get better equipment than the puddings I'm using at the moment.

Ever heard of adjusting? It's usually the Indian, not the arrow.

If I ever left fourteen 10 pins in a 3 games series, I'd retire. Why? Because I'd have to be so damn stupid not to adjust something in my game.

Happy said:
Ever heard of adjusting? It's usually the Indian, not the arrow.
If I ever left fourteen 10 pins in a 3 games series, I'd retire. Why? Because I'd have to be so damn stupid not to adjust something in my game.

You couldn't even hit the pocket 14 times in a 3-game set Happy - let alone spare all fourteen 10-pins.
Get back to playing bowling on Playstation.
If your first post on this forum is any yardstick, you oughta retire from posting on this forum, from bowling in general, and life.
Bowling's a great sport, it doesn't need jacka$$es like you ruining it for everybody
Coffee Cup Coach :x

If fishing was this easy, I would have retired a long time ago as well.

Thankyou Tiger for confirming my thoughts. Apparently from the reaction you have given (very defensive), you forgot to take the nails out of your Banff's.

:lol: :lol:
Yes, very good, you know what type of shoes I wear =D> I'm genuinely pleased for you!!

Nah, I made quite a few adjustments out there, just wasn't throwing it well enough on the night - bowled poorly actually - haven't for the last couple of months actually, look out when I do get going though.

The 44-footer will be a good pattern actually, it will give us down here a better insight into what is required to be more competitive when we travel interstate, what we've played on here in the last few years has obviously been vastly different (We've been on 36-39 feet in the last couple of years) to what our representative players have faced when they go over for competitions, so that experience will help, as those sorts of lengths will be faced at some point.
I'd like see all the tourneys here adopt a similar thing (like the ones Gus developed last year) where spareshooting and accuracy was important.

It'll also keep the lanes in good nick, they can't be sanded again, so it's going to need to be maintained as best as it can be, or else we'll end up with the same trouble as last year.

So who are you anyway Happy? (Mr Anonymous)
How have you been bowling lately?
What have you shot this week?
Tell us some of your bowling achievements?

Or are you just a ****stirrer :?

Happy said:
Yes I am full of crap, and don't have any idea what I'm talking about and humbly apologise to all readers of this forum for being a tool

CORRECT!!
NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK!!

all i can say is happy if u want to have a go at tiger go and seem him personally, because this is just stupid we dont need crap like this on the net, so why dont you go tell him in person what you think of him and do it the decent way.

Let's start again will we :wink:

OK! Mark Vass has indicated he will also be rolling off for Rachuig.
He's in good form too, I'll give you the tip. :)

bboy said:
After spaeking to Loco tonight, he has pulled the pin on his comeback so he wont be bowling rachuig in 2004.

*sniff sniff* :cry: :cry: :cry:

Very sad news!

Are you saying Bruv he's given bowling up totally or just not gonna roll off this year?
Either way that's sad news.

MC Hammer :D Geez Bruv I haven't heard that since Townsville all those years ago :D
Nah it'll be good if he stays on, being an avid bowler and all :lol:
Take it easy Bruv :wink:

Matty

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Rachuig Committee have been forced to transfer the first day of the Rachuig Roll offs that were to be held at Devonport Bowl to Burnie Bowl.

Roll offs will now be as follows :-

24th & 25th April - Burnie Bowl

1st & 2nd May - Moonah Bowl

Gee Gazza that's terrible news! ............... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like we have around 14 guys rolling off:

Ashley Riley
Matt Dickson
Terry Barr
Myself
Garry Crick
Hayden George
Dan Bunting
Damian Crick
Andrew Phillips
Aaron Franklin
Mark Vass
Jayson Griggs
Joseph M (Sorry don't know how to spell)
Brett Kenley????

As far as I know every down to & including Joseph are definates. Brett Kenley was unsure but as entries closed today it would need to be in the mail. No doubt there will be 1 or 2 that we don't know about.

Anyways, can't wait to get to Burnie in a couple of weeks ..... see everyone there and goodluck & high scoring!

Scooter

(Joseph M (Sorry don't know how to spell)

Moraitis Thats my Surname
But not to Worry you are not the Only One who don't know how to spell it

Back
Top Bottom