Queensland State Championships - Overview

bm2

I'm still standin'
2010 - the participants, the games, the early mornings, the late nights, the breakdowns, the delays - the high scores, the low scores, the winners, the losers, the tears and the cheers....throw in 6 of ASADA's best drug testers :)D) and you pretty much have the 2010 Championships in a nutshell!

Congratulations to our 2010 Masters winners -

Carl Bottomley and Kate Pilkington in the Open Division
Steve Meskell and Ros Yendle in the Seniors Division
Shane Vine and Lindsay Schuler in the Restricted Division

On behalf of the Qld Adult Committee, I would like to acknowledge the following people -

To Brian & Ronnie Bates, and all the staff of Caboolture bowl - thank you most sincerely for all your efforts during the running of this years' event - it was unfortunate that you had Gremlins take residence in the machinery over this particular weekend (must have been trying to escape the country music festival ;)), and as a result we had some very uncharacteristic breakdowns to deal with, but we got there in the end! You are great supporters and sponsors of bowling in SE Queensland, and we are very appreciative of all that you offer!

Andrew Shinnie - who once again decided to forego a long weekend in the sun with a good book in order to spend hours on end in a tournament room attached to his computer, not to mention the kilometres travelled every day up and down the M1 just to get there...:p this Association would be lost without you Mr Shinnie, and your efforts are truly appreciated.:D

Morty Douglass- thank you for the time and effort you put into the score sheets, and for the assistance you provided over the weekend - it also was a great help to us. I know that you felt personally rewarded by simply being allowed to bowl with the elder statesmen on Saturday........;)

Finally, but by no means least -

To the 103 bowlers of Queensland who took the time to participate in this years championships - each and every one of you is to be congratulated for doing your bit for our sport in this state. As an organising committee, we are more than aware that times are tough all across the board, and to see this many people come out to bowl an all events entry in the Championships reinforces our belief that Bowling is still alive and well here in Queensland. Thank you, most sincerely, to each and every one of you, and we hope that you enjoyed yourselves enough to come out again for the State Championships in 2011.

Broni Morgan
Qld Adult Committee

This year was my first time in the event, and what a great event it is! Very well organised. The Adult Committee is doing a wonderful job! :)

Congrats to the winners and a special mention to both Carl and Kate...

Well done to you also Broni and all involved on what looks to be another successful State Champs held in QLD...Well done to all involved...

Thanks guys, here are the files. Apologies for the delay there was a massive amount of checking to be done.

Attachments

• QLD STATE CHAMPS 2010 FINAL RESULTS v 29.4.xls
    111 KB · Views: 148
  • QLD STATE MASTERS 2010 FINAL RESULTS v 29.4.xls
    44 KB · Views: 121
Thank you Broni (and "of course" Shinnie) for all the organising on the weekend! It was a great weekend of bowling.

Congratulations to Ros Yendle and Steve Meskell on their Senior Masters wins. It was awesome to watch - the competition was great.

Congratulations to Carl and Kate on their masters wins - sorry I missed it. After all your running up and down the lanes on the weekend Carl, collecting score cards for the "oldies", keeping you "fit", you deserve it.

Congratulations to the restricted winners as well.

It was a great weekend. Thank you to Caboolture bowl also.

I would like to congratulate Broni & Andrew for doing such a great job even under all the pressure from the bowlers. It was great to see the amount of bowlers that participated.

On a another note i would like to congratulate My sisters on finishing 2nd in the Restricated (Tegan) and Rebekah for the Open Division.

Thanks also to the staff at caboolture bowl for doing a great job.

Also I would like to congratulate Carl & Kate for winning the Open Masters

Thank you to all the organisers, Caboolture bowl and the bowlers that made it a most enjoyable weekend.

Congrats to Carl and Kate on their wins.

Congratulations to Carl and Kate, to all the winners and bowlers and a massive thank you to Andrew and Broni, plus everyone who helped. Even thanks to Morty for the 'joke' during a lane breakdown...lol

Back
Top Bottom