Queensland Secondary Schools Comp

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Congratulations to Ryan Catholic College Townsville who are the 2007 winners.
Full results will be available from tomorrow Monday 27th.

Congratulations to Ryan Catholic College on 1st, Windaroo State High School on 2nd and Narangba Valley on 3rd it was so close today everyone bowled really well!

Congrats

On behalf of Ryan Catholic College, i would like to thank everyone who participated in the 2007 Secondary Schools Challenge. It was a great weekend of tough competition and everyone there had a great time. It really came down to the last game of points loading, with about 2 points seperating the top 3 teams.

Thank you especially to Kelly Warren for organising the event, and to all the officials including SQ coaches Kim Mogg and Andy Grandison for giving up their time to attend and assist the teams during the challenge.

I owuld like to make a special mention to the members of the all star team who bowled exceptionally well not only on the day, but in qualifying as well:

1. Sean Vettiger (Harristown SHS)
2. Cameron Nowak (Ryan CC)
3. Rochelle Mottlee (Windaroo Valley SHS) - the only girl to achieve all star team - congrats
4. Aaron Nowak (Ryan CC)
5. Marshall Kusabs (Trinity Bay SHS)

Finally, i would like to say how proud i am of my teammates for their conduct and brilliant bowling that helped send the shield north for the first time since the challenge began. GO RYAN!!!!!!!

I hope that the teams who compete next year gain as much fun and experience from this event as i did in this (and sadly, my last) year of competition.

Thank you once again,

Aaron

Well it was another interesting year as all schools that competed were awesome everyone deserves a pat on the back.

you see the most amazing people through this since i got to see people I haven't seen since shield, so I recommend this to every school out there to nag at your teachers to do this as it's so much fun.

Congratulations to all the teams that placed especially Ryan Catholic College who stole the title from Windaroo in the last game!!!

Also congrats to the all star team you all bowled extremelly well and to the rest of you since you all bowled well in your own right.

Finally to Anthony Bryant, what a legend!! you were the most outrageous persona of the weekend and deserving of the sportsperson award. It was a great weekend and everyone should get involved. Pity it's my last year otherwise I would keep doing it.

HI 5 TO ALL!!!!
Sean

P.S we achieved our goal rocky!!! well done.

On behalf of the whole windaroo team i would like to send out a big congrats to Ryan Catholic College! you guys bowled awesome over the two days and was well deserved sending the shield up north!

To the guys from Kenmore SHS... you guys are an awesome bunch of people! had a fantastic time with you guys over the weekend cheering and High fiving! You guys this year made the challenge and absolute fantastic weekend for us!! Go WINMORE!! :D:D

Congrats to Anthony Bryant on getting the male sportsperson award! I was stoked when i found out i had the girls sports person but was even happier that we had both got it!! :D

Congrats to all the Allstar team members! Very well deserved to you all!

A big thankyou especially goes to Kelly and Gail for running another fantastic Tournament! Also thankyou to Andy Grandison, Kim Mogg and Nicole for your help over the tournament! :smiley.php::thumbup::thumbup:

GO RYAN Congrats to everyone on the team. well done for a great win

P.S Just lucky Iggy allows you to win in the bowling lol

I would like to congratulate the team from Ryans Catholic College. you guys bowled awesome. and you are the nicest bunch of people. you made the weekend fun! :D hopefully you guys will be back to defend the shield next year!!

congrats to all the other teams that placed. it was definately tough competition this year and you had to work hard for your points.

also to the all stars team. well done. you all bowled extremely well. and woo go sean for topping. HIGH 5. lol

anthony..congrats on sportmanship award. you definately deserved it. you are awesome and made it an enjoyable weekend. :)
and well done Rocky too. :)

i wanna say congrats to my own team Harristown. it was fun bowling with all you guys. its a shame we wont have the same team next year. also our teacher Ms Beames. she is flipping awesome and we will miss you next year.

finally i want to say thank you too my dad andy, kim mogg, nicole and gail. for being there supporting us. and a huge thank you to kelly who puts in so much time and effort into making this tournament successful. it really is one of the best things to bowl in and next year being my last year i will definately miss it. so thank you kelly. :D

2. Cameron Nowak (Ryan CC)
3. Rochelle Mottlee (Windaroo Valley SHS) - the only girl to achieve all star team - congrats
4. Aaron Nowak (Ryan CC)
5. Marshall Kusabs (Trinity Bay SHS)
On the TBAQ site the all stars results were different to what Aaron said.
2. Rochelle Mottlee (Windaroo Valley SHS)
3. Cameron Nowak (Ryan Catholic College)
4. Dahle Adams (Ryan Catholic College)
5. Aaron Nowak (Ryan Catholic College)

I would of thought TBAQ was right. Can someone please confirm it.
Thanks.

yea everyone bowled awesome it was fun to watch. Congrats to ryan collage 4 winning n windaroo 4 coming 2nd and to nanga for coming 3rd and to al the all stars nice bowling

i WISH my school got of there ass and put a team in my name was down but GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

joshy

Hmm yeah leeshy i also noticed TBAQ had listed the all stars different, but what i posted was what was announced on the day.

Also another discrepancy... TBAQ lists my team as having these people as the members - Jessica Runge, Michael Bower, Lachlan Linnane, Breeanna Gardner, Kadi Bower & William O’Connell.

I dunno bout anyone one else but i don't know who the hell these people are??? lol anyways it looks like me and TBAQ website disagree on a couple of things, including my identity... ha ha an honest mistake i'm sure

Marshall from tbay was the 5th all star announced on the day.?

Congrats everyone who participated.

Go Ryan catholic. keeping it up north :)

Leeshy there was a mistake on the day Dahle was actually 4th. He was only informed yesterday on this mistake.

First of all I would like to congratulate all bowlers for their fantastic bowling and sportsmanship over the weekend. The bowling ability and passion of these young athletes gives reassurance that our sport is in good hands. A special thanks to all Teachers and Parents as without their support we would have no teams in this great event.

Congratulations to Ryan Catholic College from Townsville you all bowled suburb. Well Done
The results that are on the TBAQ website are correct.

Names of Jessica Runge, Michael Bower, Lachlan Linnane, Breeanna Gardner, Kadi Bower & William O’Connell was just a miss print it has now been rectified.

With regards to the All Star Team, after checking the scores, averages announced were incorrect, My apologies. I will be in contact with the bowlers and Teacher involved regarding this problem. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

This great event is one of the best Junior Tournament pathways this State is involve with.
I would personally like to thank Gail Torrens, Nicole Jardie, Andy Grandison and Kim Mogg who gave their time to help me over the weekend.

Once again Congratulations to all Schools and thank you for your support.

Kelly Warren
TBAQ State Development Officer

Kelly,
Thank you very much for your clarification - we were informed today at school of the all stars changes. This will undoubtedly clear the air a bit...:D

No biggie with the names - it was only a tiny thing, but all the same, thank you for taking care of that.

Once again to Kelly and the rest of the TBAQ staff, thanks for the tournament and all your hard work!!!!!

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom