Putney Takes Silver In Masters Final

Graham

Staff member
Australia's Ann-Maree Putney added another silver to her collection as she lost a close encounter with Korea's Gye Min-Young by one pin at the closing event of the 18th Asian Tenpin Bowling Championship at the The P.S. Bowl in Bangkok.

This was Putney's second silver of the championships, adding to her silver she won in Doubles with Emma Rutten from New South Wales. These medals were the only medals for Australia throughout the championships.

The Women's Stepladder saw Korea's Gye Min-Young, the third seed put Zhang Yuhong of China into the Bronze medal position, winning the opening game, 181-162. She then faced Ann-Maree Putney of Australia and won the first game, 190-183.

Putney lost any chance of a comeback as the action moved into the second game through splits in the second and fifth frames and an open in the eighth, finishing with 190 to Gye's 191.

Jason Walsh was Australia's only other Masters finalist, finishing 16th.

Results and news excerpts courtesy of http://www.abf-online.org

I would like to pass on my congrats to Ann Maree on her silver medal. It was fantastic to be there with you through the day, you bowled brilliantly on a tough condition and with a bit of luck you would have had a gold medal to bring home. I know you were happy and proud with your effort, as you should be!!!!!! :D :D :D =D> =D> =D>

Thanks for the birthday request fulfillment!! and the great night we had (I think!!).

Catch you soon Cheryl Bast

Ps hope you got home OK eventually!!!!

Anne Marie - congratulations

A very heart warmed congratulations to you Anne Marie. You are an inspiration to all of us. Well done - you have done it tough all through your career and the journey has made you stronger.

Best wishes to you and all the support team with you.

Gail Torrens

Just a big warm CONGRATULATIONS 2 Ann-Marie on gain Silver in the masters at the 18th asian tenpin bowling championships..
take care and see u soon

Back
Top Bottom