Pulling out

I just want to clear things up, before rumors being to spread (although its too late). The reason why i pulled out of the 2005 Junior Redcliffe City Open was because of equipment failure, not because i had forgotten my gear or because i wasnt goin to bowl a 300 first game, like ppl have been saying! I just got new Turbo Interchangable Thumb slugs put into all of my bowling balls, and at the time of getting them, seemed like a great idea, but unfortunately, due to the way i bowl, these slugs came out of my ball when i was bowling. This then cause what i am sure would have been minor damage to the lane, and to some minor bruising to my thumb. This was the reason why i pulled out.
I would like to apologies to all the bowlers and parents, those who ran the tournament, and especially to Darren Fagg, because i know this has cause numerous complaints and stress for Darren.
There is no one being blamed for what happen, and i am not blaming the interchangable slugs, because i believe it was the way i released the ball that caused the slug to come loose. Both the ball driller and the technology are not at fault, it was more user error.
It was very hard for me to pull out of this tournament, seeing as i had not only been premoting it for many months both by bowling forums and by word of mouth, but even made suggestions to the format of the tournament.
I would like to ask everyone one thing though, there is no need to complain to Darren about me withdrawing from this tournament, and my money being refunded. Darren was extremely generous by doing this, and even with one less entry, still payed out the 50 entry prize fund list.
If anyone still does not agree with this, i will give the 85 dollar entry fee back to darren so it can be given to the redcliffe juniors.
I would ask everyone to take this no further, but if needed, u can always send me an email for pm.
Once again, im am extremely sorry what happened, especially to Darren.
Hamish Rogers

Wel that's a relief!
When i saw the title of this post i thought it was going to be a story about someone that had a lot more willpower than me! ;)

Don't worry Hamish, you know what people are like mate and at the end of the day you know what your reasons are. Bad luck mate.

Ronnie

Ronnie,
you're a dirty little critter, but we love ya all the same

Hamish,

You don't owe any bastard an explanation, what you do is your own decision and your true friends will respect you for what choices you make. Anyone else can jam it up their butts...

You're a great bowler & wonderful sportsman, keep your chin up :p

Brad & Rachel

Stuart Little said:
If anyone still does not agree with this, i will give the 85 dollar entry fee back to darren so it can be given to the redcliffe juniors.

While ur handing out free money for no good reason, hook us up :cool:

and Ronnie, come on man.... LOL

P.S. Ham

It was extremely brave & mature of you to put this post up & is a perfect example of your dedication & sportsmanship....

Shame some of the other juniors & sometimes adults can't show the same level of maturity ;)

Back
Top Bottom