Professional Tenpin Bowlers...

E

EzyKill

Just out of curiosity after watching Wimbeldon (sorry if i spelt that wrong) I was curious about tennis professionals and how much money they can make and sought after the APT website which shows professionals who have earnt up to 60 million US in their careers (pete sampras etc).

Now I know tennis is a bigger sport than tenpin bowling, more interesting to watch too but my parents never introduced me to tennis or any other rather lucritive sport when I was young so I started bowling, haven't really had any interest until now about the professional side of the sport (aint good enough either) but I was just interested if there was any international rankings organisations or any world tour for tenpin bowling and how much professional bowlers could make in their career?

Website addresses would be great =)

Thats an american tour thing, there needs to be like an international tour with big prize money, but guess bowling isn't that popular. pitty.

Ezykill,

The PBA is about as big as it gets. For anyone who is good enough, that's what you strive to achieve (success on the pba - or even just making it on to the PBA tour). Obviously there is not the money that there is in golf or tennis ..... but there is still good money to be made ..... but only if your one of the best going around.

40,000 guaranteed in a season in the PBA us, and max 40,000 per win in the tournaments... its alright I guess, you could make more money playing any other sport tho

EzyKill said:
40,000 guaranteed in a season in the PBA us, and max 40,000 per win in the tournaments... its alright I guess, you could make more money playing any other sport tho

It's not about the money. All of those bowlers on the tour bowl out of the love and passion they have for bowling. Of course it's there job but most of them don't see any of their prize money, it goes to their sponsors and then they are on a wage like any normal person. Personally it's a job I'd love to do and money to me would be secondary.

Peace
Chris

Yes I understand that, but if you're going to be a professional anything you still need to be able to support urself and ur family (if u got one or in the future etc) and you're not going to be at the top of your game for the span of an entire working life 18-65 so you'd only get maybe 15 years if ur extremely lucky.

In any other sport you'd be able to retire at 30... and not have to work if you chose for the rest of your life.

Love for bowling is one thing sure... But a career in it doens't seem like a great option.

Also don't sponcers usually give you money and pay for your trips etc? Not take money and give the player a wage...

Back
Top Bottom