Ball Brands Dominating PBA

Brando's ProShop

Score More For Le$$
Staff member
Below is a press release from my boss at Ebonite. Very interesting!

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am extremely pleased and proud to announce another win for Ebonite on the 2005/06 PBA Tour. The PBA Pepsi Championship was held this past week at Riviera Lanes in Fairlawn, Ohio. This was the 18th stop on this year’s schedule (including the Japan Cup). The final four who made it to the TV show were Walter Ray Williams, Chris Collins, Norm Duke, and Steve Jaros.

This week’s event was especially important as Walter Ray has 40 wins in National PBA competition. The great Earl Anthony won 41 times in his stellar career. Walter Ray has been chasing Earl’s record for the past two years. This was the best opportunity that he has had in two years to tie Earl’s win record.
It was not to be.

Chris Collins has been bowling on the PBA tour for several years after a great run as a professional tennis player. Chris and his twin brother were a feared doubles team in tennis on the collegiate circuit in the US and then played for several years in Europe. Both have taken up new sports. As you can see, Chris’ sport of choice is our sport of choice.

Chris beat Norm Duke to advance to the final against Walter Ray. He won the championship by a score of 245 to 201. This is Chris’ first National PBA win. He used the Big Time and the Overtime for strike balls and was shooting spares with a Hammer Big Blue spare ball.

A great win for Chris and a great win for Ebonite. As usual, go to www.pba.com for all of the details.

Bowl To Win!

Mike Quitter

PS: Just in case you’re counting……there are 14 brands of performance balls registered for use on the PBA tour. We have two of these in Ebonite and Hammer. Of 18 tournaments, Ebonite and Hammer balls were used to win 9.5 of them for a win percentage of 53%. “Par” for any single brand for wins on the tour would be 8%. “Par” for any two brands would be 15%. I think that you can see why we are so proud of what our guys and our balls have been doing on tour.

Its always good to hear Brando. Not only in the PBA, just look at the results of some of the bowlers in Australia using Ebonite and Hammer

im always a firm believer of its not the ball its the bowlers,but i have always found ebonite to be the best match up brand for my game and style.i have dabbled a bit with hammer and i am thinking of getting some more hammer gear again as i was pleased with the results the first time i used them. there are alot of impressive brands out there and im in no way bashing those brands i just find ebonite to be the best that i have used and see them continually making great gear

But I do not think Ebonite leads in telecast appearances. I'll bet there are more Brunswick on television than any other brand.

For what it's worht, I'm on staff with Dyno-thane so Jaros has been the only bowler to make the show with them all year. But if you guys want to try a ball, look at that new Element Zr40. It really is nice.

With guys like Tommy Jones on staff, how could the brand NOT make telecasts. That guy is a FREAK, and is definately the guy to beat.

I agree with the comment that Brunswick does seem to make the show every week. Even with Parker Bohn having a tough season, they have GUNS like Shaun Rash, Mike Devaney, Brad Angelo and Mike Fagan making the shows using the big B.

Yeah gotta agree with the tonk-meister.

And Tommy Jones is amazing..i think he'll set PBA standards and records that wont be touched in a long time.

As far as brands go... I wasnt always an Ebonite supporter

But as far as current gear goes i think they have everything pretty much spot on.

Back
Top Bottom