President Shield Trials 2004

Murderdoll

INSINR8R
Well the time has come to put those nomination forms in for the President Shield trials.

Held on the 13th, 14th and 20th of December bowling 6 games at Mandurah, 6 games at Rockingham and 7 games at Morley...

Nomination forms out now..

Later

Yeah Adrian i think the only eligable people who use the forum are you and me!

But if there is anyone else out there please correct me.

Time to get those nomination forms in. Must be in no later that 28th of this month...

Looking forward to a good rolloff people, see you all there in december

Later

Only a few days left to get those forms in.

Only 5 boys and 3 girls as of Yesterday, so come one ppl lets get these forms in.

Later

Well next saturday (13th) Will be day 1 of the 2004 WESTERN AUSTRALIAN SHIELD TRIALS. Apparently 18 boys and 8 girls trying out this year... Not to sure on that figure, but we'll see on the day. Good Luck everyone and see you all at the trials!

Later
Adrian

Do we know if its still going ahead?
I went to Rockingham for some practice and the manager there said he thought it was going to be cancelled.
He said it had something to do with the lack of Managers for the team.
I was surprised when he said it, anyone know anything about it?

As far as i know its still goin ahead. Im sure if it had been cancelled then everyone who put in would have got a phone call by now.

well if they have enough entries (over 7 guys and 7 girls nominating) then it would be going ahead... if not then the people that nominated would make up the team.

so who is coaches and managers for shield in 04? thommo and eileen or jackie. is terry and russ managers

er no no no no and maybe Russ put in for manager but we dont no if he has it. Allen jones is the coach erm and i forgot the name of the manager. Btw who are u??

wow rumurs rumurs girls resign from team, none want the coach what is happen to wa shield is there a team
steve irwin wow by crikey
bill lawry its all happinin over there
kids dont wanna do what coach want em to do any truth init
somebody dont like somebody

hsv

ok.... then. Um yes most of its true, its gone all crazy. I wasnt at trainin yesterday but as i got told, we have no coach... will find out more

Shield Team Coach

As it happend.
On Friday (30-01-04) night at the TBAWA Meeting a letter was recieved from Sylvia, annoucing her withdrawal from the W.A. Shield Team, also at that meeting, it was implied that Naomi may also be leaving. (in the TBAWA minutes).

Sunday 01-02-04

Allen Jones, called a meeting before training to discuss several issues with the team,
some of them are as follows,

A: Some of the girls team were complaining that they were not being coached as they (the girls) did not have a coach soley for the girls team (Allen Jones Level 2 HP1 was the soley appointed coach for both teams) His reply to this complaint was, a number of the girls were not stayung on or near the lanes during training and they were walking off to be with parents, friend and the like, not being with the rest of the team on the lanes.

B: People and other coachs were bad mouthing the training program that had been put together. This training program was addapted from the Queensland Shield State team training program that was complied by Mr. Ian Waters, and Mr. John Carr (TBAQ Coaches Assembly).

Again
Allens reply was, this training program has been running for less than 4 weeks, and as such had not had enough time to be properly evaluated, this approached had never been used in a W.A. State team to his knowledge and this type of program has been in operation in some of the eastern states for a number of years.

C: Allen also asked the team, if they had his respect, or was he just "wasting his time and money" as if the team did not want to learn to improve their game, then it would be a waste of everyones time.

and boy does the team need it, with Sylvia gone, the highest average of the females is less than 170, with the lowest member of the ladies team having a less than 120 league average.

and the rest is history, well sort of, the team decieded that they would be better of without Allen as coach, and if that is the case, the team does not have a level 2 HP 1 Coach anymore, and now must find a suitable and qualified Level 2 or higher to fill the role.

As A SVD I find this quite unacceptable that Junior bowlers can or (try to) Dictate to the State Association where they train (never has happend in the past) whom is the coach and managers (also never happend in the past) if this is allowed to continue, these Shield bowlers, are our future Youth and Rachauig bowlers, and if allowed to "get away" with this this time, what will happen in the future, when they are nolonger junior bowlers and representing or attemping to represent W.A. in youth Rachauig, and De'Veer competions, they will expect to dictate to TBAWA on whom the coach will be and where the team will train.

My comments are not based on the fact the Allen Jones is my Dad.

I appologise for the long post.

Ian Jones
SVD
Kelmscott Tenpin Bowl

Although I wasn't at training on Sunday, I have had a chance to speak to most of the shield members to get their opinions.

From what I heard, it was left to the bowlers to deciede Allen's fate. Although this suprised me, I do believe Allen left on his own free will.

When speaking to some of the bowlers, most were unhappy with Allen's way of coaching. Realised is that the way of coaching was made with help by Ian Waters and John Carr.

Also, the majority of the bowlers had said that they felt as if it wasn't Allen's time being wasted, but more or less our time wasted i.e. having to travel to kelmscott to train for a few hours, yet not learning much from a particular training session.

As far as I know now, we are without a coach/coaches and we are without a manager/managers. But from what I have been told, the team has four coaches willing to fill the void. And I thank them for giving up their personal time to help us.

Although the girls average less than 170, I have seen stranger things happen at Shield, so I wouldn't count them out yet. With a little training and focus, I'm sure that the girls could become a better team.

Anyway apart from all this, I'm sure that the team will pull through, and we shall go to Sydney and do our best.

Later
Adrian

sounds like peoples dont likehim who is this allen jones and whats he done? is he dufus or somthin, you says he is a level 2 hp1coach whatever that means coaches get paid or are they volunteering time etc to help teams. kelmscott huh might have to go and have a look see what all fuss is
nway nuff for now
h

was at cannington sunday morning wanted to see what all the fuss is about,and talking to some of my friends.. jackie and eileen were there another lady bev i think her name is and a younger chik michelle?
nyway the younger one was sure gettin it from the older ones she was gettin the treatment from some of the state team kids who were laughing at her behind her back.. good one guys
meeting was 9.00 two girls rock in about 10 and look as though they think they are really kewl and dont care about nyone else.
level 2 hp1is more qualified than level 1 or is it the other way round? shouldnt higher levels get more respect than lower levels? or isnt this jones guy in the circle whats he done sittin back watchin the team? train lots of gutter balls missed spares orrible splits and the girls what a spiteful bunch
went to kelmscott in the afternoon thought i would have a look at the jones guy
gotta go boss is comin
cya

I dont see what ur problem is. Everything was explained before, and noone in the team laughed at michelle behind her back, or even to her face. (sorry to michelle if u read this)

In my opinion training went well yesterday, we managed to do drills practices spare shooting. NOTHING CAN BE PERFECTED IN A DAY, its take weeks, months even, to improve. And there were some good bowling from the guys, with 2 250+ games and about 6 230+ games, and also 3 650+ series' on the Super condition.

As for the 2 girls who came late, I did get an excuse out of them, which im not putting on here. There is a rule on punctuality, and EVERYONE has agreed to abide by it.

I hope you are goin to watch training on sunday, I would like to see you turn up so i can find out who you are. I hope you can back up alot of what you say.

Later

Back
Top Bottom