Pre-game practice/warm up?

D

demuire

I don't know if this is a silly question or not, but it's something I've wondered for a little while...

I'm in a beginners league at the moment, and when we bowl at our "home" bowling center (esp for pre-bowl league games) we usually get 2 or 3 minutes of "warm up" or "practice" shots before we actually start our games. I've grown to really appreciate this, plus it gives a little time to see how oily the lanes are etc before actually getting into the game.

I've never been game to ask at any of the other bowling centers I've been to, if we can have this, is it something that would be acceptable to ask if the center isn't busy? Or is this really a priviledge that I'm unlikely to get anywhere else?

Thanks

Most centres are more than happy to place the lanes onto a few minutes practise for you before your games.
In fact I would not bowl in any centre that didn't allow it.

All you have to do is ask!!! :cool: :cool:

Most centres with AMF machines are more than happy to put the lanes on practise (no pins) for warmup.

Centres with Brunswick machines... well, it's a little harder as the way the machine works, you need it to cycle so the ball comes back.

No harm in asking either way. :)

Cool, thanks for that :) Will make sure I ask next time I go out...

i have never been to a bowling center that hasnt given me practice, some dont like but they still it if you ask.

Back
Top Bottom