Poker

Gary

Do you play for real $$$$$$$ or pretend and were do you do it?

Facebook and did try Full tilt poker.

Shoot out on facebook is fun:D

Use to play at partypoker.com. Haven't played online for some time now.

Regularly play money games with the neighbours.

Used to play on PartyPoker but then have moved over to FullTilt. Having a nice little run at the moment on there. Am a big fan of the $3 90 player KO SNGs where you get $0.50 added to your bankroll for every player you knock out.

Offline I play some of the WA Poker League Pro events. $40 entry. Get anywhere between 20 and 80 players per event at numerous pubs around the metro area. Been lucky enough to win and place well in a few of them. 15wk seasons. End of season grand final, if you make the top 240, usually has a first prize of just over $20k for a $100 buy-in.

Pokerstars for me

real cash is the only way to play, play chip games are ludicrous.

fulltilt is also a good one to use. I started on ultimatebet, and really like it, but after the dodgy stuff that happened on there its a case of "once bitten twice shy"

more of a tournie player rather than cash games, don't have the patience to grind it out.

still prefer bricks & mortar any day of the week, but I'm in Adelaide and the poker scene (i.e. skycity or dodgy pub games) is a joke.

best result was 6th out of 930 online (but was a small buy-in, so the 4 hours wasn't really worht it!), and I came 3rd in the Australia Day Cup a couple of years ago and picked up $1800-ish. WSOP one of these days...

hi guys just thought i would pass on some tips for the new players -

tourny poker - rather then try to win a tourny with a 1000 players start of with the sit and go's(sng) , pokerstars has 9 18 27 45 90 and 180 man sng fulltilt have the same now.

these are a great way to start learning how to play tourny's and they start cheap $1 buyins.

cash games - the key to cash games is BANKROLL MANAGEMENT - do not play high stakes unless your bankroll can afford it .

have a seperate poker bankroll that is used only for poker.

bankroll - to play cash games u should have at least 25 max buyins so if you are playing 5c-10c a max buyin is 100 big blinds or $10 x 25 buyins = $250

now if u lose 5 buyins or $50 you should drop back down a level.

u only move up a level when you have 25 max buyins at the next level , so if you start at 5c-10c the next level will be 10c-20c (some sites it's 10c-25c) max buyin is $20 x 25 = $500.

now it will take some time before you are able to move up but while your playing u are learning and will be better off when u do move up.

Rakeback - if you are going to play cashgames make sure you get a rakeback deal.

the best advice i can give any new player is to read and get as much info as you can, there are plenty free websites as well as pay sites.

free websites -
2+2 poker forums
pocketfives
http://www.pokernetwork.com/ (aussie site lots of info )

pay website -
cardrunners - the best paysite by far , great forums and great videos.

if you have any questions post them here and i will try to answer them .

jeff.

some really good advice jeff. I'm a big fan of sit & go's myself. lets you fine-tune the latter part of tournament play too. and yeah, bankroll management is key for cash games. i'd be running 50 max buyins for one if I was going down that track, but I just enjoy playing tournies too much!

I've recently started at pokerstars. Haven't played any real $$$ there. Maybe some can do it, but I can't read players very well online. I need to read a persons body language and facial expressions. It's what I'm use to.

I also recently discovered that once upon a time, to use pokerstars.com you had to first sign up to testpokerstars.com and play there. It's virtually exactly the same except there's no avatars. Here's the best part. Play at "testpokerstars" and then transfer your winnings to "pokerstars" and your payout is doubled. Of course this only applies to play money.

monday night i played an apl free tourney at manly leagues i was the bounty jackpot and one the tourney 1850 later :) thank you

Back
Top Bottom