Passing of Roy Eslick

Shoey

Shoey
it saddens me to let the bowling community know that Roy Eslick passed away earlier today after a battle with emphasyma.

Roy was a technician with AMF for 35 years finishing his working life as head technician at AMF Enfield in Sydney. he was also a supporter of ATBSO and the old De Veer tournament.

Roy was my first coach and regular bowling partner at championships for many years, even after i married his daughter.

Roy is survived by his wife Fay, son Phil and daughter Gayle and 6 grandchildren.

May you rest in peace Uncle Roy

Rest in peace Roy.

Gayle and Graham, our deepest sympathy to you and the kids.

Love you lots,
Jas, Nik & Megs
xoxoxo

Very sad news to hear of the passing of a very dear friend, my sincerest thoughts are with you Fay,
Peter Z

Our thoughts are with you at this very sad time Fay. Roy is now in a better place with no more suffering.
love always
Dallas, Stephen, Doug and Margaret

Deepest sympathies to Fay and family.

I knew roy well during my sojourn to Sydney 1979 to 1985 and always took the opportunity to catch up whenever I got back there. A great character who will be sadly missed.

Brenton Davy

on behalf of the tasmanian walter de veer and now holt bowlers our condolences to you fay on the passing of roy he will be sadly missed by all of us.

I am so sorry to read of the passing of Roy. He was always a true gentlemen and the world was better off with him in it. My condolences to Fay and family, may he rest in peace.

I will always remember his nerves when bowling against the Senior PBA pros at Bankstown and his new found respect for those that bowled on television, made me smile ... he was excellent at what he did and the way he lived his life.

Dear Fay and family

Our thoughts are with you all at this sad time. A true gentleman has left us but he has also left his mark on the Tenpin Bowling Family - Rest In Peace Roy.

Colleen Camarda, Colleen Stone, Manfred Jankowski, Anita Higgins and Pat Robertson
Illawarra Tenpin Bowling Adult Committee.

on behalf of Fay, Phil and Gayle i'd like to thank everyone for their well wishes at this trying time.

i have been asked to advise that Roy's funeral will be held at Pinegrove Cemetery on Wednesday 27th August at 11am. a final decision on which chapel and the wake will be advised tomorrow.

thanks once again
Shoey

It is with much sadness that we learn of the passing of a stalwart of our Industry. Emphysema is a most debilitating disease and the past several years would have been difficult for the Eslick family. I knew Roy well - we worked together for many years and above all else his devotion to AMF was always beyond question. Roy and Fay graced many of the Sydney centres with their presence - always happy and always a kind word to all. Roy will be sadly missed. My personal sincere condolences to Fay and the family. The entire AMF family are saddened by the passing of a colleague and true friend. May his dear soul rest in peace.
Regards,
Roy Menachemson

Just a fabulous gentleman, with a great sense of humour.

Always, always had a great story for me each time we would catch up.

Best wishes to Fay and the family.

To Fay,Phil and Gayle,
sad to hear of your loss.
We had many great weekends away bowling touraments as juniors with Gayle.
Roy and Fay were always there to help us kids.
Our thoughts are with you at this sad time.
Warrawong Bowl Ex Junior Bowlers

As Willy said, Roy was a true Gentleman. A lovely bloke with a heart of gold, a great sense of humour and always a good yarn to share. He gave and got respect everywhere he went.

When we asked if he could set some really wet lanes at Enfield for me to practice on before the World Cup, it was not a problem, despite the crazy hours I trained with Eric Jang. He never wanted thanks. He was happy to help. So many juniors have benefitted from the generosity of time and effort of Fay and Roy.

I will always think of him with his beautifully lined face that fell so easily into that big cheeky grin of his. Yes, smiles will give you wrinkles and Roy smiled a lot. I intend to be wrinkly just like that.

Roy's passing is a great loss to bowling in Australia and I am sure beyond our little world too. My deepest sympathies go to Fay and the kids. Your extended bowling family mourns with you.

Jason Doust

Back
Top Bottom