Out with the Old, In with the New!!

TommyB

Storm-a-Holic
After being open 30+ years (Sept 1977), Garden City Lanes in Toowoomba has finally gone from timber to state of the art synthetic lanes.....Our Proprieters, Darryl and Cindy Donnelly have dug deep to make this venture a possibility and the bowlers from around the Toowoomba region can't thank them enough.
The lanes we have purchased are the AMF Mad Lanes (Glow Lanes)...from information given, we are only the second centre in Australia to have them installed. A Huge thank you to Doug Baguley and his crew for the fine install job.
Also installed are positive ball lifts and we also have a new Rock & Roll cafe area which consists of booth seating, an old 50's 60's Jukebox and more 50's 60's memorabilia than you can poke a stick at...
We would also like to thank our people that helped get the ball rolling initially on the deposit for the lanes (our sponsor a board Vip's)
So if you fancy a roll on our lanes, at some of the cheapest prices in Queensland, give us a ring on 07 46329755...
Be among the small handful of spoilt bowlers to bowl on the Mad Lanes experience.

Attachments

• new lanes.JPG
    new lanes.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 127
More pictures............

Attachments

• jukebox.JPG
    jukebox.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 77
  • memorabilia.JPG
    memorabilia.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 52
  • new vs old.JPG
    new vs old.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 82
  • new vs old2.JPG
    new vs old2.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 70
  • paint scheme.JPG
    paint scheme.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 57
  • paint scheme2.JPG
    paint scheme2.JPG
    252.6 KB · Views: 42
  • seating and floor.JPG
    seating and floor.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 54
  • toilet entry.JPG
    toilet entry.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 35
i reckon a couple of more tournaments will be up in garden city soon...

looks like a decent place... never have bowled there tho..

any youth tournaments happening Tom?

Will definately have to look at getting Garden City back into the tournament scene....anything can be possible in the future so will keep everyone posted....wouldnt mind a berth in the wide bay scene and sports series next year jase....what do ya reckon.....

i reckon a couple of more tournaments will be up in garden city soon...
looks like a decent place... never have bowled there tho..
any youth tournaments happening Tom?
brett
tournaments at garden city were a massive part of juniors goin back 15 years ago.
Every year the SQ roll off was held there and the Toowoomba Junior champs were massive and a great weekend away.

I would love to go back up there to bowl in something.

Oh that looks really nice. Reminds me of Hungry Jacks, but only better!
That should be one of my stops if I ever visit close to the area!

Great work!

RENOVATION LOOKS GREAT! Good luck for the rest of 2008. It should be a banner year for your centre.

WoW. Looks great!!!! Well done Cindy and Darryl what you have done to the bowl is really something. Congrats

WOW What a gr8 looking centre. Love the spider web effect on the lanes. If I ever pass through I will definantly call in for a couple of games.
Cheers
Julie

WOW....

I had a bowl on the new lanes today & it was fantastic - lanes look great under the black lights!

Congratulation to all the staff at Garden City with the great renovations.
:groupwave2:

Hope to see some scratch tournaments there soon!

Back
Top Bottom