NSW Quinella at the K&K Classics

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Jason Walsh And Sue Cassell have both won the first Nationally Double ranked major title, in taking out the 2006 K&K Classic Cup at AMF Kedron in Brisbane today. Walsh dominated the Sunshine State’s only Australian Super 6 event in qualifying with an 80 pin lead over his next nearest rival and carried this through into the second stage to secure his first Super 6 title.

Walsh extended his 80 pin lead over Queenslander Adam Lack in the first round, with a stage two six game total of 1260. In an exciting Match Play format Walsh averaged 210.8 for 25 games and compiled a 3-3-1 won -second-lost record in match play to finish with 5270 pinfall total. 2005 Australian national rankings winner George Frilingos finished second, with a 5-2-0 in match play to secure the second place with 5202 pinfall for his 25 game averages of 208.08. Steve Lovell of NSW finished 18 pins behind Frilingos in third place due to his 4-1-2 record in match play.
Rodney Kerrison of Victoria rounded out the top 15.

Ladies winner Sue Cassell from NSW was 72 pins behind over night leader Northern Territory’s Michelle Halprin. Halprin qualified only 1 pin in front of Queensland’s Tanya Stevenson both with an average of 194 for there 12 games.
Once again in an exciting Match Play format, Cassell averaged 194.32 for 25 games and compiled an impressive 6-1-0 won -second-lost record in match play to finish with 3692 pinfall total and a Match Play average of 205.29.
2005 Australian national rankings winner Ann-Maree Putney finished second, with a 3-1-3 in match play to secure the second place with a 3722 pinfall for her 25 game averages of 195.89. Jayde Flanagan of N.T finished 31 pins behind Putney in third place due to her 2-5-0 record in match play.
Overnight leader Halprin finished in 6th place and Krystal King rounded out the Ladies top 15.

Other awards were

Senior Female – Jenny Walsh
Senior Male - Steve Lovell
Youth Male – Brendan Meads
Youth Female – Jayde Flanagan
Sports person – Ann-Maree Putney

Many thanks to Graham and Cheryl Spicer for there support of ten pin bowling and I think Jason Walsh summed it up in his speech,

K&K Classics must be the best sponsors of Australian bowling at the moment.”

Great bowling from the two champions. Well done Sue and a huge congrats to Jason for continuing to show the bowling community just how good he's become in the last couple years.

Well done George on your rapidly finishing 2nd and to Jarrod Lean (just the very last game let you down). The style of these two is close enough to perfect in my opinion - superb to watch.

Well done Sue - you bowled very consistently all weekend - and to Michelle, love your style. Top shelf.

Cheers

Feral

To my fiance a well deserved win, you have worked extremely hard the past couple of weeks ... and just lucky it finished when it did cos the lefty's were coming up fast (maybe they should have re-oiled for match play!!) ..... well done especially to you and the rest of the bowlers... and i must say i'm very impressed with your speech! And also congrats to the tournament committee they did a great job - I think more centres should take on committee's like these.

Congratulations to Jason and to my team mate Sue on their wins this weekend!! Good to see all that hardcore practise paid off big time for you Sue ;) :p
And congrats to Ann-Maree on getting sportsperson :D
Go Team NSW!!

Jen

Congratulations to both Jason and Sue. Both bowled great through out the whole weekend on what was commented all weekend as a "TOUGH BUT FAIR" condition.
Also congratulations to Tracey Madden who really put it up the these women as well coming from =8th (tied with Sue) after qualifying, to finish in 4th and was fighting it out to the end with Sue, Ann Maree and Jayde.
And a last big mention to the sponsors of the event for helping out to make this such a popular event (157 bowlers is such a great turnout) and so popular that squads are already filling up quick for next years event. Also the tournament commitee deserve a big congratulations for running the best organised event i have ever seen. More centres/commitees should stand up and take notice of how well this was set up and run! You will definitely see me back there next year!

Kelvin

P.S. The lollypops went down great while bowling :)

Well done to both winners. Jason is always hard to beat and bowled exceptionally well through out the entire event, nice win mate, its on in Darwin, then Perth and then Melbourne!

It was great to see Sue winning again, her dedication to the sport for 'several' years is unmatched. Nice to see her win against the young pups :D

Well done to all the finalists and winners of the K and K.

A special congratulations to Jayde ... "Do you know karate? 'Cause your body is kickin'!"

Kristina

Congratulations to both winners well deserved, also well done to Bec Simpson! u little fighter! And i'd like to thank the SPICER'S for sponsering the great to tournament, it was a pleasure to bowl in it!

Glad to see Jason has inherited his mother's speech making or has Michelle been coaching you? Congrats. on yet another wonderful performance....bowling, I mean.....

What can be said about Sue Cassell? - 'too old' really for this modern game - one of the gutsiest performers for many, many years and should be an prime example of bowling under pressure for the 'youngies'..... my sincere congrats. on yet another fine performance.....AMP - an example of how to ENJOY !!

Flower

The finals, from a spectators point of view, were exactly what finals should be - positions changing, games going down to the wire - it was great stuff, and all the bowlers should be extremely proud of the performances that they put in for those 7 games.

congratulations to both Sue and Jason for taking out the wins - and Jason's victory speech was up there with the best; gotta give a bloke lots of credit for acknowledging the value of the love of his life in front of a packed house!!;)

Thank you also to the Spicers and their team for the effort that they put in - a lot of stress behind the scenes, but you wouldn't know it from where we stood! Not only did they sponsor the event, but Graham also tirelessly poached chicken and made the salads and fairy cakes that were for sale in the cafe!

At $175 an entry, a value for money tournament with prizefund 1 in 2 - makes you wonder why we are having to pay $250+ for entry into the other ones, doesn't it???:confused:

Broni Morgan

Congratulations Sue Cassell and Jason Walsh. I would have to say I thought it was the best speech I have heard in a long time.

Thanks to Mum and Dad for sponsoring this great Event. Maybe next year you should order two more TOWELS. One for me and one for Bronni. I know Dad you say "you have to make the cut" to get one. But I think I urn't my towel as I watched all the bowlers from Squad to Squad and I rolled every ball with the ones who made the cut. So I want ONE next time.Maybe Madeleine will get one before me the rate she is going.

A great big thank you goes out to Kirstie and Ken Mills. Also to Jason, Kellie and Andrew. My mates down the back and all the Ladies in the Cafe. Sue and Irene for looking after the children in the nursery. Lucky lucky last the Counter staff Jason, Joolz, Danni and I can't forhet to mention the MANAGER Cheryl Leigh.Thanks once again for making this years "K N K" a great success.

KIM SUNA
Don't gorget 2 Towels.:multi: :mrgreen:

Congrats to all those involved in K N K it was a well run tourny. I would like to congratulate a friend of mine it was only his second tourny of his carrear and he just missed the top 30 by 20 pins his name was Dinesh Singham a great effort i think considering some the difficulty in the pattern.
Congrats also to Jason and Sue, and Sue that was a long time between drinks mate lets hope your next one is sooner then the last.
Congrats also to George and Jarrod, Track staffers they done us proud.

To everyone involved in the KNK, what a great tournament. Can't wait for next year. Congrats to Sue and Jason on their wins.Very nice speech Jase.Sue well done, you owe me a beer.well done to everyone involved. To the sponsers thanks heaps, without you guys we would not have these tournaments to bowl in.
Lovey

Back
Top Bottom