NRL referees

O

O.C.C Wolf

ok this might open a can of worms, but i have had enough of seeing these silly guys distorying the great game of rugby league.

I know not all of them stuff up but i would love to see more consitancy in games. especially the holding down rule, as alot of them seem to call one side over the other. for example, Souths VS Warriors match on fox, good game shame souths lost but they went to sleep, buit i dont know how many times he went up stairs for tries, but then i have to see penalty count for holding down as warriors seem to get a lot today and it not the first time i have seen it.

Whats everyones opinion?

You should ask that loser know it all Phil Gould. The biggest problem in rugby league at the moment is the obstruction rule. It's getting beyond ridiculous. Actually let me re-phrase, Phil Gould is the biggest problem in Rugby league at the moment. As far as the holding down rule is concerned, it has always been inconsistent.

Sorry but i am not worried so much about the holding down, the biggest problem in the game is the so called obstruction rule. If you watched the souths v warriors game you would have seen a simple run around play which lead to a try under the posts for the warriors penalised for obstruction, that is an absolute joke. It happened to the gold coast also against parramatta early when the defence made a bad read and a great play by the gold coast was dissallowed because of obstruction, give me a break.

This is the problem in the game because into round 7 we are already into double figures in the amount of tries dissallowed because of the obstruction rule that are perfectly legal.

It has got to the point that defences can see they are beat and they are running into players not involved in the play so that they can get penalties for obstruction and it is a joke.

You want to know what is killing the game of league. THE OBSTRUCTION RULE or the fact that every referee and video ref has a different interpretation of the rule.

Fix this and then worry about the minor issue of holding down in tackles which is a hell of a lot easier to fix.

Thats my 2 cents worth

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Yep, the obstruction rule is the main problem for me as well. I don't understand what they're looking for at the moment.

Holding down rule needs to be looked at as well - how many times do you see a player 'fishing' for a penalty straight from the tackle? That should be a professional offence.

Ok, that's my b***h for the day.

referess have it easy these days with the video ref...the amount of times a ref has gone to the video ref is stupid...and they still cant get it right!

I know this is not the main problem in the NRL at the moment but in the Cowboys and Manly game...a Manly try went to the video ref and the pass went a metre foward! and they still allowed the try! STUPID ABSOLUTELY STUPID!

The referees basically need to grow some balls. The Video referee should only be used in extreme cases. I'm still yet to see what the Linesmen actually do for the game... Why can't they help with the forward passing and the 10 metre rule, or whatever it is. The referee is expected to do way to much and then get's blastered when he gets it wrong. As a soccer ref for a couple of years in my younger days we made mistakes. It wasn't always easy, but the linesmen were extremely active in helping make the calls as well. 2 sets of eyes are generally better then one. Ditch the Video Ref and grow some balls. It's an area that constantly turns me off the game. Try... no lets check the play 70 metres back up the field... No try... give me a break! Call it straight away or don't call it at all!!

Later Da Cowman!

referess have it easy these days with the video ref...the amount of times a ref has gone to the video ref is stupid...and they still cant get it right!
I know this is not the main problem in the NRL at the moment but in the Cowboys and Manly game...a Manly try went to the video ref and the pass went a metre foward! and they still allowed the try! STUPID ABSOLUTELY STUPID!

I'm not 100% on this. But under my knowledge the Vid Ref can't make calls on forward passes. So if the referee or Linesmen doesn't see it, then it stands.

Later Da Cowman!

Back
Top Bottom