Million Dollar Bar

G

Grouch Taxi

Well you see, my friends and I were bowling the other night and someone thought he saw the bar in front of the pins go up. It actually did a little and went back down. But he was too busy talking to notice that it was down and he went ahead and bowled. A lady came over and yelled and said it was a million dollar part, which we all then started laughing. But we were just wondering what that bar is called and how much it would be to replace because a million dollars seems a little extreme. Thanks for your help.

It's called a sweep, and it's not that quite expensive, not sure how much it costs though. Maybe 2 '0's' and at the most 3, but not 6 '0's'.

](*,) =D> Hahaha, that was for the lady that said that to u. Ben is right it costs like a few hundred bucks to fix, not a million. Was she a staff member at the bowl? If not tell her to get her facts straight

In all probability, the woman was most likely a league bowler trying to baffle you with bullshit, and trying to scare you into actually believing that a sweep bar is a million dollar part.

However, if you spend enough time in a centre, you will see open play bowlers hitting them time, after time, after time - somehow those great pea brains of thiers think that, if they actually bowl the ball hard enough, they can still knock down those white chunks of wood as they bust through the gate :roll:

After a while, if enough lanes have sweep bars on them that are hit, it can be costly, and make them a tad useless - we use to have one at Moonah that got hit that often, that the sweep would not sweep the back row off, on many occasions.

Instead of telling open play bowlers that it's a million dollar part, I'd much rather take them into the cleaners room and douse the little bastards in chemicals :bad-word:

Guarantee they won't do it again :D

In actual fact the million dollar tag is quite true. Had the little tadpole bowling broken the "sweep" (as we in the bowling cult say) well the lady in question would probably have kicked Master Tadpole up the rear hence causing Master Tadpole to issue a million dollar civil lawsuit. This is a true story cos it happened to a friend of a friend of mine. Me, on the other hand, wouldn't have waited to see the damage and just given him the kick for being so disrespectful and finding it amusing.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom