Name your Final Format

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Mc

Team Storm Australia
Hi All,

It is getting close to that time of the year again and we about to publish our entry form for the Northern NSW Open this year.

Due to the growing popularity of this event and in an effort to continually strive to provide a better event for bowlers I would like to poll you all for a finals format along with an estimated prize fund payout.

As I am sure you remember it is multiple re-entry with your best 2 x 4 game squads counting as your qualifying score.

So here are the final Options.

Option 1
Top 13 Single elimination final with top seed going straight to the 3rd round.
Best of 5 games, with looser droping out.
Pay out.
13 - 8 $225
5, 6 & 7 $350
3 & 4 &750
2 $1400
1 $2500

Option 2
Top 12 Match play No carry over pin fall and 50 bonus pins for a win.
Pay Out
12 $225
11 $250
10 $275
9 $300
8 $350
7 $400
6 $450
5 $500
4 $600
3 $800
2 $1200
1 $2000

Top Qualifier will receive a $500 bonus (remember it is multiple re-entry)

It is scheduled for 18th, 19th and 20th of September so make sure you keep the dates free.

Entry Fees will be $175.00 for your first 2 squads with extra squads only costing you an extra $50.00.

Will publish entries once we have completed the poll which will run for a week from today.

Looking forward to your responses.

Regards
James

Hi All,

Thanks for your votes so far.

Hopefully some of you guys that are voting that have not bowled in this event before will make the trip this year.

Looking forward to the results at the end of the week.

Regards
James

I would like to make the trip, I just have to double check my calendat, and arrange some time off work... Will confirm soon...

SPC is the week before Jase and people always come out for the SPC chasing the dream. See you in Coffs James

Sadly I will have to give it a miss this year as I gotta save up for an overseas trip. However if help is required with the excel spreadsheets, do not hesitate to PM me or send me a message on Facebook.

Cheers,

I highly recommend this event to anyone who has never bowled in this. For those who have, you will know exactly how great the team are up at Coffs Harbour Bowl and how much fun this event is.

My vote is to keep the elimination format! I like the idea of protection for the top seed - sounds good doesnt it Matt :)

SPC is the week before Jase and people always come out for the SPC chasing the dream. See you in Coffs James

I've won SPC before. (Got bowl the World Cup on 60 feet of Guardian as my punishment!) Not too keen on it's format. If you draw 1+2 at Castle Hill, you blow a bunch of pins and I bet it's on another bloody short pattern!

And what's with Goldberg setting up the Dorothy Dix questions for Matt..? :D (Last years top qualifier.) I've seen more subtle things done in Parliament!

My vote was for the matchplay format for Coffs. It leaves a critical mass of players there at the end and gives the event more atmosphere. It still places a premium on wins at 50 pins a go, meaning anyone can still move up with a couple of wins.

ill be there. i like both the formats.. and for anyone that has not bowled this event before i urge you to it is always a good weekend. one of of my fav tournaments to bowl in

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your input, but I guess the number say it all.

It looks like we will be going with Option 2 for this years event I look forward to seeing you all here.

Keep an eye out for the entry form, which will be posted in the next week.

Regards
James

Hi All,

I haven't forgotten you all, just running out of hours in the day.

The entry form should be available real soon, and as I mentioned earlier the format will be as per option 2 which was the popular vote.

Dates are Friday 18th September, Saturday 19th September and the final on Sunday, with a nice early last chance squad in the morning strictly limited to 18 players.

Please leave your names here if interested. Prize payout will be as advertised in option 2.

Entry fee will be $195.00 for 2 squads and a seat at the tournament dinner Saturday night (venue is likely to be Coffs Hotel). Dinner includes Entree, Main and a drink voucher. Extra 4 game squads will be $50.00 and extra dinner tickets will be $25.00.

The dinner is not compulsory but it will be included in the entry so you may as well come and have a good time.

Looking forward to seeing plenty here, and if the interest I am hearing around the place is an indication I hope we can crack 60 entries and raise the PF payout. We may end up with higher entries than a couple of the Majors won't that be something.

Hope to see you soon.

Regards
James

hey james i liked option 2 i have bowled up there only once and i really enjoyed myself i will let you if i can come up cheers matthew of nowra

would like to bowl but is on same date as wide bay at gladstone.dunno if this will affect entries but hope it is a great event.option 2 if def the way to go.

good luck to all that bowl

would like to bowl but is on same date as wide bay at gladstone.dunno if this will affect entries but hope it is a great event.option 2 if def the way to go.

good luck to all that bowl

Not much of a choice right there, one is worth $2000, the other is $800......

Plus who really wants to go to Gladstone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom