New League Concept

xpense

retired
Would you bowl in a league based on a tournament style format.
I would like to get a reaction to the following concept for a weekly league.
It is out of the ordinary for a league concept, but could be very benificial to the bowlers who compete or would like to compete in tournaments and would like more practice in that type of situation.

The idea is as follows, and is bowled in 1 night. It would mean a centre would have to have the spare lanes, and be willing to assist with the concept, but as l say looking for interest at this stage.

Singles format
4 Games of Qualifying
Cut to top 6
Bowl 5 games of matchplay (20 bonus for win, 10 for draw, 0 for loss)
Payout 1 in 3 weekly
Overall payout based on points given each week based on finishing order
Weekly cost is the problem $50.00 :p
Based on 18 bowlers
Concept is based on a 12 week season as a trial to ensure the season is not to long, and bowlers are not tempted to drop out.
The bowlers making matchplay would bowl 9 games a week :rolleyes:

As l say still in concept stage. Will add an attachment in the next couple of days with more exact details, including possible prizefund. The prizefund l would like to see 1st double thier money, with 6th getting approx $25.00.

Hi all,

Here is a couple of attachments to look over.

I have included a possible prizefund, not set in stone, but something to give you an idea of what l am talking about in the previous post.

It has a number of scenarios listed
1 in 3 payouts or 1 in 2 payouts for each week
also an end of season payout based on above, with also a payout structure for all bowlers at season end.
points structure is also included.
You need to select the sheet at the bottom of the excel page to see the differant options.

Great concept, Narre Warren Superbowl may be able to supply the desired time schedule. If it is then a success we could possibly run it across the 3 Oz Tenpin centres, with one of these leagues in each of the centres Then maybe the top 3 in each centre could roll off in possibly our showcase centre at Altona.

Matthew Lambrick

Great Idea if you could find the space in a center.
The only other problem is bowlers. Alot of tourn bowlers are already committed to leagues they love finding time and another $50 a week might be tough. But its a great idea and i hope it works. :D

I have asked About availability at Narre Warren and Sunday night is probably the best night for it as no one has to worry about coming from work and the like.

Matthew Lambrick

I have some more news.

We have a bowl that is interested in holding the league. They have requested that the leage be guarnteed with a 2 week bond paid up front, meaning you bowl the last 2 weeks for free. The request is also for a Sunday Night. I am sure these things are possible and the major tournaments can be worked around with our dates to ensure bowlers do not miss out on weeks of league. A league rate has been established with this centre, and the prizefunds for the weekly payouts should be able to be increased, adding extra incentive. Once more details are to light, l will happily advise of the centre.

Any feedback and idea's or thoughts around days that you would like to see this concept run on, please add your posts and give me the feedback.

Thanks to those that have placed feedback already.

Regards

Lance

That sounds good. Also supplie a slab of beer to the winner.

Im just a young country bowler who doesnt know much about running a tournement, but maybe suggest to a few local businesses around the area to wack in a few dollars towards the prize fund, (also putting there logo on the league) to perhaps lower the cost of the entrys each week to intise more bowlers to paticipate. Coz the entry fee is the only downside to this great concept.

Back
Top Bottom