New ball????

Hippy??

Seen a new ball at Caboolture the other night ...... it has bright flashing lights in it..... some sort of pressure switches or something like that I suppose, it flashes nice bright blue and red lights as it goes down the lane. What does every-one think of this........is it leagal, they are very bright lights. My opinion is that it don't really matter to me , but it hasn't gone down the lane next to me whilst I have been bowling yet either........hate to be throwing the 12th shot and have that come into my field of vision (not that it is likley to happen...the 12th shot I mean...) :roll: :roll:

I would be interested in other peoples opinions on this........ :? :? :?

I believe you saw a Quasar bowling ball. It was designed for Cosmic bowling. It is not legal for league and tournaments.

Not sure

Don't think that it will affect me too much but I don't want it to distract the lefties and there fore make them bowl even better up there!!!!!!lol :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

re new ball

I have actually bowled on the lanes with this ball in question and feel that the lights are not even an issue. When bowling you wait for your opponent to release the ball before you even step onto the approach. (don' you)
therfore by the time you setup and have your shot the ball would be practically finished. :roll: :roll:
everybody in the league that i bowl in think the ball is great and some are even considering purchasing one of there own.
Also if you were on your 12th shot you would be the only person up there as generally the whole bowling centre stops to watch so i dont see how this would be of any concern. :? :? :?

it doesn't matter if the ball is good or bad the question was is it legal ??? maybe someone from tba could answer the question. i think the point dave was trying to make is when you are 3 to 4 lanes away and the ball is going down the lanes it does catch your eye when you see flashing red and blue lights, will it put some off i don't know but why wait for it to happen if the ball is legal then everyone has to live with it but if it isn't legal then ban it now before more show up in leagues.

Quasar legality

As far as I know the ball is NOT legal, as wilbert said. Open play or unsanctioned leagues & tournaments only.
Why? - the ball contains metal (the wires), and therefore cannot be sanctioned as per ABC equipment specs. End of section.

From the bowlingfans website:
http://www.bowlingfans.com/news/news09262001.shtml

"Ebonite Quasar Ball Not Approved By ABC, WIBC
09/26/2001 - Bowling Newsline
The American Bowling Congress and Women's International Bowling Congress have not approved the Ebonite Quasar bowling ball. That decision means the ball cannot legally be used in ABC, WIBC or YABA sanctioned competition.

The ball failed to satisfy approval specifications because it contains metal and a moveable object. The Quasar contains batteries which enable the ball to blink when it hits the lane.

Contrary to some reports, the ball never was considered approved by ABC and WIBC. Ebonite was allowed to appeal to the ABC/WIBC Equipment Specifications Committee, which agreed with the initial decision to reject the ball."

So, if someone is using this in league, gently let them know they can't.

thanks rob , lets wait and see what the owner of the ball has to say at league tomorrow night!!! :eek: :eek:

Bear in mind that the bowler probably has no idea that the ball is not approved. If that is the case and the person was not told at the time of purchase that the ball canot be used in league play, they probably have legitimate cause to have the ball replaced. Just tread softly, this can balloon into the sort of issue that people walk out of the centre and away from the game over at times.

well put robbie. a small problem like this can cause a huge problem in a league if it is not handled right, causing walkouts which no one needs. :(

cobow :)

Hey George,
(
Is it really going to effect your game?)

don't you give way 2lanes when you are bowling? :?

Is someone 2 lanes away going to effect your game? :wink:

GREAT BALL !

Personally I dont think it matters to some people whether the ball is legal or not.

Does anyone out there really believe that this person would have an advantage over a bowler using a top of the range reactive or particle ball?

I think not.

Anything (or any ball) that encourages people to go bowling and enjoy it is a good invention and should be supported by sanctioning bodies and not rejected.

Lets face it, the more people that are attracted to our sport (even just socially) is a good thing for the entire bowling movement.

Bring it on I say - Hey, can someone invent a ball that plays the theme from ROCKY as it goes down the lanes???

LOL

BROWNy

the ball wouldnt be affective in league or torys as the flood lights are on, hench the lights on the ball wouldnt really been seen.

Quote" Anything (or any ball) that encourages people to go bowling and enjoy it is a good invention and should be supported by sanctioning bodies and not rejected. "

Like higher scores and easier lane conditions? :?

If balls with batteries and wiring systems are allowed into sanctioned play, how long do you think it would be before some enterprising person would come up with a ball with an internal computer (or even motor)?

Gee, I wonder what I did wrong on that shot? <press button on ball> Oh, I hit my target, but had 1.5 less revs than normal, and threw 0.9k's too fast... :lol:

Actually, with improvements in conducting polymer technology...Hmmmm...

Can we design a ball that drops the F-Bomb or C-Bomb when a bad shot or result happens :lol:
I might not be up on report half as much if I can blame the ball for saying it :D

Anyone ever seen those zebra balls? Jeeez they're hard to look at going down a lane......I once got a migraine from watching old Pearl in our Wednesday night league bowling one of those critters down the lane.

It looked like the eyes of one of those little guys off HR PUF'N'STUFF in the red suits that hang with old Witchiepoo........you know the ones that she brains on the head with her stick and she gives 'em a gob full and they go "awwwwwwww Witchiepooooooo" and their eyes go all spazzy :lol: :lol:

new ball

Hey fellas id just like a ball with a pair of caravan mirrors attatched for those natsy little 7 pins i so convinieatly leave roflmao :lol: :lol: :lol:
tehehehehe

Hey Tiger......now you know how we felt when you bowled a few years back......we always counted a slow 1.....2....3.....4 when you bowled.....and it wasn't your approach....it was your revs!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
just joking mate! NOT!!
catch ya when I'm over there in a few weeks mate!!

Magpie

Back
Top Bottom