national junior development squad.

J

josie avison

aye,um im just wondering if anyone,or anyone knows of anyone that was accepted into the 2000 junior development squad?.

are you talking about the schools squad or the youth squad ? And I am guessing you mean 2001 or 2002 - cos 2000 is long gone
icon_biggrin.gif

last years coaching squad... it wasnt on last year cuz they didnt have a place for it

do you know the school squads for this year that is the one announced after this years nationals
icon_confused.gif

Hi Judy...

If you are talking about the Asian Schools Team for 2001, the team comprised of the following people :

GIRLS - Jayde Flanagan
- Kimberly Kosztan
- Sandi Edwards
- Melissa Franke

BOYS - Scott Andrews
- Jason Leong
- Joel Lovegrove
- Dane Cuthbert

As for the 2002 squad, that is a far way down the track still.

As far as the National's Squad for 2000 - I do know a few names and I believe that the 2000 and 2001 groups will be combined for this year.

If you need any extra information - I suggest that you contact TBA.

Thanks, Kimi

Thanks Kimi,I thought there were a couple of names annonced at the Nationals just gone,and they were waiting to announce another boy,I must have been mistaken,but thanks anyway.
icon_smile.gif
Judy

I am pretty sure that the highest placed male and female from the All Stars Teams at this years Nationals will each receive a place in the 2002 Australian School Team providing that they will be under 18 years next year and still continuing full time schooling studies.

Regards
Sue Cassell

P.S. Having a fantastic time in Egypt with no bowling balls for the first time ever!

Raggedy,
I beleive u r talking about the development camp for those that have competed in that years Nationals,not the training squads ?
yes last years will be going with this years selected boys and girls,this will be held in late august/sept @ MT Gravat Bowl staying where NT stayed this year.
I know in the Boys that Glen Loader and Shaun Cotter are going from 2000 but not the others,
regards,
Greg
icon_smile.gif

Hi

I was just enquiring on did you have to make president shield team to make the National Training Squad?

And another thing....

If you don't bowl 4 ranked tournies are you still eligible for the squad.

Thanks

Sarah300,

Does your first question relate to the School Age National Training Squad or the Youth National Training Squad?

If your first question relates to the School Age National Training Squad then, according to the June issue of TENPIN TOPICS, Application Forms for this 100 strong Squad were available from the Tournament Room at the Junior Nationals (at Mt Gravatt) and have been distributed to all Bowling Centres. To the best of my knowledge, applicants are not required to 1) have bowled in President's Shield or 2) bowl in 4 ranked tournies. However, these questions are best answered by reading the Application Form.

If, however, your question relates to the Youth National Training Squad, the Squad for 2001 was selected in January. Having bowled President's Shield was a distinct advantage in gaining entry to the 2001 Youth NTS but it is my understanding that many other criteria were taken into account in the selection process. Once selected into the Youth NTS, the sucessful nominees are required to bowl in at least four (4) of the 2001 Tournaments nominated by TBAL. Because these Tournaments are spread throughout the year, Squad members have until December 2001 to satisfy this requirement.

Nomination Forms for the 2002 Youth NTS should be out in the next month or two and may contain different Conditions to those set down for the 2001 Squad.

Sarah

No you dont have to have bowled President Shield you just have to have rolled off for the team you are eligble for.

They say you must bowl 4 ranked tournies to qualify but there are people who have made the squad that havent fulled that criteria so I dont know the ruling on that one.
icon_confused.gif

Hope this helps.

Kel

Kel,

I think you will find that the requirement about bowling in four (4) "ranked tournies" comes into force after you have been selected into the Youth NTS, rather than during the qualifying process.

Naturally, the more Nationally Ranked Events you have previously particpated in, the better it "looks" on your Nomination Form (particularly if you bowled well and placed high) but I don't think bowling in such Events was a pre-requisite for selection in the 2001 Youth NTS.

Thanks guys for replying...

So what you are saying is that even I dont bowl 4 ranked tournies I can still make it in.

Thanks
icon_smile.gif

Hedley

How ya doing mate? I think you are right there, but I was under the impression by second hand information the it was a prerequisite (sorry bout spelling). But o well neva mind. I understand what you mean by it would look better on your application.

Take Care

Kel

hey guys....wel i guess that theyhave picked the squad coz i got a letter today saying that i am in it....i have to fill in the forms and send them back....that is all i know....sorry if it wasn't helpful....
beexxxx

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows who else is in the squad both in boys and girls or who would have a good chance of making it in.

Thanks
icon_smile.gif

good stuff scottie and jos and bianca ?sorry if spellings wrong... =) im in 2 every1 n so is mel =) *yay*
so who else is goin? *oooooooh* the mystery unfolds..... lol!
icon_razz.gif

cyas all up there peeps. im really looking 4ward 2 it
icon_smile.gif

bye

Hey, Hey Everyone It's Sara here I got my letter the other day and I know Emma got her's too !!
So theres Trent, M and Me all from Tassie !
CANT WAIT !

C U all over there !
Love Sara
icon_razz.gif

Back
Top Bottom