Moving across the lane

Hey Belmo, could you give me the names of the little old ladies, I want to teach them how to scitch in your face when you leave a corner pin or 9 pin.

Just jokes, you didn't ride much in Melbourne? whats up with that?

G

hey george.......
mate i rode the lanes normally..... the question is tho what was up with u?????? what happened mate at SPC

Riding the Lanes . . . when was the last time you guys read the rule book . . .

RULE 201 BOWLING ETIQUETTE
Bowlers must give consideration at all times to the rights of the other bowler.
1. Prepare to take your turn promptly on the lane. Remember, the player to your right has the right of way.
2. Take your time, but don’t waste time by posing or waiting until everyone else is off the adjacent approaches.
3. Do not step onto your approach until the previous bowler has left.
4. Stay on your own approach at all times. “Riding” balls is permitted as long as the bowler does not move outside of one lane either side of the delivery lane.
5. Step back off the approach after making each delivery.
6. Do not use another player’s ball without permission.
7. The approaches may not be exactly to your liking, but DON’T use chalk, resin or talcum powder to condition them.
Your fellow bowlers may like them as they are.
8. Do not used chalk, resin or talcum powder in the players area.
9. Good bowling requires concentration. When players are ready to bowl, give them the courtesy of making their shot
without any interference, as you will want the same courtesy when it is your turn to bowl.
10. Be ready to bowl, but wait until the pin setting machine has completed its cycle and the sweep-bar is raised.
11. Respect the equipment. Getting the ball out on the lane is good bowling, but “lofting” can damage the lane.
12. Play the game to win, but be a gracious loser if you are on the short end of the count when the game is over.

I would say that pedro has summed it up totally there, with posting the rules that says you are allowed to ride.

yes i am guilty of occasionally doing it in my home center, but i normally do not do it even when there is someone waiting to bowl ect. For the simple fact that when i bowl i am unsure what is happening behind me, when the next bowler does start to bowl, it is totally unknown to me, and as belmo pointed out it can be dangerous.

Hey, i have seen hundreds of bowlers "ride" the lanes and its nothing but pure showmanship, it doesn't help the strike, it doesn't help the spare.

Showing off, thats it!
icon_biggrin.gif

Just a little note

Have just seen a Championship entry form that says quote

"Riding of the lanes will not be tolerated"

Maybe they thought Belmo was going to grace them with his presence at these Championships.
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Which rule book are you using Pedro? That one must have come out of the Ark. Updated rules are available on the TBA site in the files section.

This rule was copied directly from the TBA rule book which I downloaded from the TBA website just last week.

The rule book is dated March 2001.

6 months old - I don't think that this is ancient history.

Pedro,
My apologies you are quite right, I have just checked again. I don't know how that happened because when I posted that comment about your rule book I had only just looked up the file on the TBA web site. It wasn't the same one that is there now, as it had the Lindfield address on it. Anyway you are absolutely correct and I was wrong. (Again..!)
Regards, Andrew S.

BELMO my man...

More important than riding the shot - I think bowlers are supposed to use only one hand as well ???

LOL - Stuff 'em buddy. Bowling as a spectator sport is about as exciting as chess... At least with antics and 'riding' the ball it is more entertaining for both the spectator and bowler alike - LET 'EM PROTEST OFFICIALLY IF THEY DONT LIKE IT - just remember folks - what goes around comes around. I see some bowlers walk outside of "THEIR LANE" every shot - funny approaches or deep, deep lines - will you protest them too?

At least there is no rule against passing wind on the approach - which some of my competetors have done to put me off quite well.

Given the choice I would make riding the lanes legal - and passing wind at the foul line illegal!

IS there anything to prevent break-dancing IN YOUR OWN LANE as a way of riding the shot? - Food for thought BELMO - try a spinning dive next time !

Enjoy your game folks... BUT always BOWL TO WIN.

BELMO

how u doin mate?? listen man ride as much as u want and keep up the good bowlin with your two hands your a legend. Most of these ppl are ****ty and are havin a go at ya coz they will NEVER be as good as u no matter how hard they try, your the man and deserve everything u get in bowlin and u'll be representing australia forever. Take it easy mate.

2 hands

question is how do u bowl with one??????

short and sweet.....i liked it and its the only way i knrew how too when i was a lil one.... got better at it so i kept doing it

simple as

peace and laaaaater

ps- PLAYBOY ....mate thanx for the kind words and i hope mate ur dreams of been a STAR..on the screen that is come true...u sure have the SIZE for it hahahahahahaa

laaaaaaaater

Belmo
2 hands huh?
I dont see anything in a rule book that sais you cant. **** if it feels good do it.
And if people dont like it and reckon your cheating, tell then you are. That will piss them off even more. Like my saying goes, build a bridge and get over it.
The more i read this forum the more i realise that people are to busy bitchin all not bothering to let there bowling do the talking.
So i might just post and stir the pot a bit.

See ya on the flip
Makka
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

Belmo mate ask yourself one question
If 2 people are going to get upset with you "ENJOYING" your league bowling then who has the bigger problem? Mate I have not always conformed to what other people want me to do or acted the way I was meant to but hell that is why people come to watch us bowl to see what we will do next and if we can entertain them then as Nike say " JUST DO IT" go for it and have fun doing it.
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

Riding shots, part of tournament bowling for many years and hopefully always will be.
Tournament bowling needs "lane riders", "belmo's", and i think even "bills pants" plus a few bowlers with "attitude" and a bit of flair to make it worthwhile watching from a spectators point of view.
Bowlers like Lovell, & Selakovic, now those two used to ride a shot. Spectators used to love to hate them, but they came to watch.
I know that there is money involved but one major tournament i watched this year was about as interesting as league at my local bowl on a thursday night. The odd grimace, some arm movement or a shake of the head was about it during the matchplay.

The only bitch i have with belmo is his definition of an "old lady" which seems to be someone aged between 45 & 52. LOL
icon_smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom