moonah lanes

DA BOY

The Secret Weapon
i just want to know what do u think of moonah lanes??

personaly i think they need fixing ........badly
:p marsh :p

I think we all know that the conditions aren't good at the moment, put it this way, they're worse than they were in 1999 - and that was pretty bad.

I've heard rumours that it will, e sanded and re-laquered over christmas, can't confirm this but, that's the latest I've heard in the saga.

Lanes 1-8, the batch of lacquer put down was good, Lanes 9-24 (Including that miserable excuse for a lane {15} had the bad batch)

I heard a petition was being sent, but I was sick and wasn't there so I don't really know what the outcome was.

TIGER :D

Sorry..... not going to make any comment.... although most people know how I feel ;) :lol:

matty that has happened so much to our lanen
i heard people think we need synthetic lanes but im not sure

we need somthing thats good to bowl on

:? marsh :?

Yeah Marsh,

I can remember at least 7 different sanding/re-coat's since 1995.
Synthetics would be lovely, but, they are expensive and I really don't know if they'll outlay the coin to make it a goer.

It would bring most of our bowlers up to standard with a lot of the mainlanders as well, we can't possibly hope to be a long-term force on the mainland when our players go away and play on conditions and surfaces totally foreign to us can we.

We can try, but we'll always be behind the 8-ball in that regard.

I heard 2004 was the year of the synthetic, somehow I doubt it :?

yes matty i agree
do u know how long it is since we had a redo over in our centre ??
i dont know the answer but it is toooooooo long we need a re do over and quick before we lose all our league bowlers
another thing is money yes synthetic lanes are expensive but moonah needs it deserves it for the amount of time and money US bowlers have put in to the play

:) marsh :)

The place was opened in October '62, and had very little, by way of renovations until winter 1985 (coincidently, Mornington had opened 6 months earlier).

I recall that it was a complete lane resurface, with new masking units, new AccuScore computers, as well as a general tidy up of the facility.
It was opened amid much fanfare, with the Glenorchy Mayor, The then Premier of Tasmania (Robin Gray) rolling the first shot down (Taking the 7-pin off the rack with a grey plastic ball if I recall rightly). The Young Talent Time cast members were also there as well as Tina Arena and Joey Perrone :lol:

Since Mornington shut on August 30 1992, very little has been done to maintain the facility.

Infortunately, those far off days of 1985 have gone and probably won't be back sadly.

Our money WE spend doesn't go into OUR centre anymore, because in the corporate world, it is really OUR centre....IS IT :(

Something needs to be done. It's getting past a joke now and something needs to be done. I personally think and many others will back me up on this that it is very unprofessional in the way that AMF aren't listening to everyody that has to bowl on this crap that we call OUR lanes.

Seriously AMF have to face the facts that they will lose many league bowlers if something isn't done. The only reason I'm still bowling league is so I can bowl shield. If there was no shield then I would seriously consider not bowling. They're that bad. I hope AMF listen.

Thank You
Chris

the one thing i think is harsh is how u cant use anything more reactive than a tornado or a gyro cause it will tear the lanes right up, i think thats a bit unfair and also along with the fact that ur ball has a 1 yr old track line in it after one game! now thats F*&^ing ridiculous!

Back
Top Bottom