Metallica: Death Magnetic

Playa

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS
I picked up the new Metallica album today and all of my lost faith in Metallica has been restored.

This album is awesome. Any fans of Metal or Metallica that were put off by St. Anger should go out and buy this album.

Just had my first listen and it is one of their best albums in my opinion.

Metallica are officially BACK !!!

i didn't think St Anger was all that bad... considering the albums that were released before it with the exception of a few songs. I started to go away from them after the black album but ended up getting load... didn't get reload and it was only coz i saw their doco on St Anger that i got it. I've only heard the intro's for Death Magnetic and i like what i heard. Hope to get it soon.

Any fans of Metal or Metallica that were put off by St. Anger should go out and buy this album.
I was put off by the self titled or "black" album - whatever you want to call it. I have seen these guys live, they know how to play. I'm hoping this new album goes back to what they did best - showing anyone else playing metal, how it's done.

In my opinion, death magnetic ****'s all over st Anger. Go Metallica!
The whole album is magnificent, good to see that they redeemed them selves. Definately in the running for being their best album thus far.

Death Magnetic has got to be in my opinion the best yet. It would have to be the most anticipated album of theirs, and it sure does deliver. I havent heard a complete album of theirs that I've loved since the Black album. 5 Stars for this baby!

I got it today. I was not dissapointed. Metallica fans, old school or new, will love this one. Won't be my favourite album of their's, but it more than makes up for the last four albums. Could say lots about it, but I'll just say, Metallica fans and metal fans in general, just go buy it.
And it has to be done.....
:punk::punk::punk::punk::punk:
:band:

Apologies in advance for the long post, but having examined the album, I'll ante in on the discussion. Keep in mind here that I'm one of the Metallica 'purists' (for want of a better word).

As always, the lyrics were brilliant but in some places left me wanting. Not that anything was 'wrong', but that there was something missing. Particular kudos here goes to Cyanide and All Nightmare Long.

Musically, very much the staple of previous albums. Guitar work is perfect as always, and I enjoyed the use of bass lines throughout. A surprise for me was the new direction for the Unforgiven III and the 10 min epic Suicide and Redemption.

In general, this is a great release. It incorporates heavy tastes while maintaining a softer touch in parts for an effective balance. Again, those of us who know the earlier history will more than likely have a different opinion to the newer legion of fans. Regardless, this is a worthy part of your audio collection.

Weggy, i think your spot on with everything you've just said. Not much else left to say. My fav track is probably All Nightmare Long, but thats only just..

Death Magnetic is a great album, with lots of great riffs, and music you can really enjoy.

St Anger the song was great, but the rest of the album was garbage.

Master of Puppets is one of the greatest metal albums of all time, and Welcome Home (Sanitarium) one of the best ever songs.

Metallica will never produce an album that good again, but if future albums are as good as Death Magnetic then that's cool

Cheers

Steve

PS If you want to check out a really cool band that sounds like a fusion of Black Sabbath and Lynard Skynard then track don a copy of the two albums by Black Stone Cherry. Southern influence heavy rock, with great guitars.

I picked up the new Metallica album today and all of my lost faith in Metallica has been restored.
This album is awesome. Any fans of Metal or Metallica that were put off by St. Anger should go out and buy this album.
Just had my first listen and it is one of their best albums in my opinion.
Metallica are officially BACK !!!

Unreal.
I love the old ones..'And Justice for all,Master of Puppets,Ride the lightning' etc. Will need to suss this album out..(sooner then I thought). :D

Finally got Death Magnetic about 2 weeks ago and i liked what i listened to. Very similar to their older stuff prior to the balck album and easily their best since 'justice' was released.
It's also interesting to note that this album was produced by Rick Rubin... not Bob Rock who Metallica must have dumped.... (not before time either) I think Mr Rubin is also or has produced albums with Slayer as well. Seems now they have gone back to their old ways of writing songs and music and then recording instead of fumbling around like they have on their last few albums...
With a bit of luck we wont need to wait another 5 years for them to release their next one. If it's as good as this one, i'll be getting it.

Back
Top Bottom