Whats The Greatest Guitar Riff?

Luke D

The Reflecting God
I just heard on Triple J that they have selected the 20 greatest guitar riffs (of the modern era).

What would be your favourite riff from, both, the songs on the list, and of all time?

The list is:

1. A Perfect Circle - Judith
2. Audioslave - Show Me How To Live
3. Audioslave - Cochise
4. The Butterfly Effect - Always
5. The Darkness - Love Is Only A Feeling
6. The Datsuns - Motherf***er From Hell
7. Foo Fighters - All My Life
8. Janes Addiction - Just Because
9. Metallica's - St Anger
10. Muse - Plug In Baby
11. Muse - Stockholm Syndrome
12. Pacifier - Bulletproof
13. The Music - The People
14. Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows
15. Rage Against The Machine - Sleep Now In Fire
16. Shihad - The General Electric
17. System Of A Down - Aerials
18. Tool - Schism
19. The White Stripes - 7 Nation Army
20. You Am I - Who Put The Devil In You

Mine would be Muse's "Stockholm Syndrome" from the list. Off it would be either "Consequence" (the last 20 seconds of the song) by The Butterfly Effect, or another one which I can't quite remember at the moment :D

HI!

I think the best guitar riff is either One or Fade to Black or Seek and Destroy/Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets or Enter Sandman by Metallica. They had some great riffs back then.

Hey everyone!

By far, the best guitar riff i have ever heard is:

1) Blue Oyster Cult - Dont Fear The Reaper....

Without a doubt the best, the modern songs are unbelieveable but you cant compete with the old and best of all time!

2) Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water...

Thats all from me!
Catcha...

Even though I'm not a fan of AC/DC I gotta go with the opening riff of Thunderstruck, just for the sheer difficulty of it...

Also an honerable mention to the opening riff of Under The Bridge by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

I have never posted a reply in this topic but you gotta reply to this!!!
When I get my 1st car or P's, whichever comes first, im putting metallicas Reload album on as the first thing in my car.... thats the best driving album ive ever heard...
I'd have to say enter sandman by metallica, I disappear and Scum of the earth by rob zombie..... you cant beat a guitar riff
Its nice to know that girls reply to this and listen to decent metal and not top 20 shit...

Back
Top Bottom