Meads wins Maryborough open

Hooligan

In a stunning final Brendan Meads just edged out Luke Green to take the title. Both players struck out in the final game with Brendan winning 238 to 237 to deny Luke the bonus pins he needed to finish on top.
Carl Bottomley finshed strong to take third.
Kate Wilton took the women's honours.
Darryl Alford and Jim Murray both bowled nice 300 games.

I'm sure a better review will be posted soon.:)

Well done to all competitors, congratulations again to Darryl & Jim on their 300's, and a big congratulations to Luke for finishing second and to Brendan for a well won first place.

Lets keep up the great bowling guys.

Congratulations Brendan, thrilling finish to the tournament it could have gone either way.

Well done also to Luke Green who bowled well all weekend. It looked like a large weight had been taken off your back and you showed everyone what a class bowler you can be.

Jimbo

Congratulations to Brendan on winning his first wide bay event. The first of many I'm guessing. And well done to Luke, you two boys were the most outstanding pair all weekend and you both deserved to win.

Congratulations Brendan on your Win.

Also i would like to congratulate Carl on some great bowling in the finals averaging 245 for 7 games and moving from tenth to 3rd

George did well averging 234 in the finals and being bridesmaids in nearly all of his final matches. What do you have to do to get a win ;)

The matchplay in this event was second to none, and well worth hanging around to the final match!

congrats to Brendan and Luke for a great final game, it really wasnt over until the 10th frame, that is what matchplay is all about! Well done to Carl for his move as well!

Enjoyed our little weekend away in the country, thanks!:D

Very impressive bowling by the sounds of things,
Well done Brendon and Luke,and of course as i was informed,the old blokes bowled well,especally you Carl.
Well done lads(and the oldie)

This lad has some serious talent!!!

ps
George now you know how i felt the other Friday night :p

Well done to both Brendan and Luke on a fantastic result last weekend…Are we starting to see a changing of the guard…;)

Well done to Mr Carl Bottomley also on your third placing…Sensational bowling in the finals mate…Really turned it on for the 7 games…A true champion of the sport…

Well done to all other finalists…

Back
Top Bottom