Major announcement regarding a National Sport Series Tournament

This may be a little left field but people pay good money to WATCH their sports heros play. i.e AFL/League grand finals etc (approx $100) $250 for 4 days at Bathurst 1000, swimming with the sharks at Seaworld etc etc.
I for one would enjoy the experience of bowling alongside the worlds best, I mean for the cost of say $125 who wouldn't.... From my point of veiw it wouldn't be for the experience but more for the thrill.
I think the re-entry idea is a great one and should be adopted.

The bonus is even if you don't make the cut, you still get to watch the world's best shoot it out in the finals...
My 2 cents

Mick

i think mickyd213 has a very good idea but lets take it a bit futher and do it like in golf with the pro am where one of the top bowlers is to bowl in a group of 4 with some of the up and coming bowlers or just your ave bowler, i mean people like belmo, carl, goerge , jason walsh and other top bowlers. still have your re-entry idea which is great but for your first try you know you will be bowling with one of the best bowlers in this country if not from overseas.
just my 2 cents
thanks fred

The Sponsor and I have been very happy with the responses so far and the interest generated with this event…The one thing I would like to stress is that the Sponsor would like it to be run on about 3 different sports patterns…He has a format in mind and I will try and post it up in the next few days if possible, to get all your thoughts…
He does like the re-entry concept but believes to get a true indication of skills and ability you might find that the re-entry won’t work for this event…If you can all come up with a format idea and post it here that would be good also… If you can come up with a re-entry format for three different condition’s than post that idea here also…

Thanks Guys

Gutter Rat brought this idea up in the QLD Sports Series forum, but what about having a points race instead of pinfall?

So if you have 100 bowlers in the field, top score for game 1 gets 100 points, 2nd highest score 99, down to 1 point for lowest score. Do that for every game, say if you have 3 different patterns and 4 games on each, that's 12 games. Do it for each game.

Just something a bit different, change the game up a bit..

I too agree with multiple entries. I also like the idea of the desperado squad that is run in Europe and giving female competitors 8 pins a game.

My idea to run a re-entry on 3 patterns for qualifying only:

Lanes 1 to 6: Pattern 1
Lanes 7 to 12: Pattern 2
Lanes 13 to 18: Pattern 3

Qualifying 6 games. Bowled in 3 bocks of 2 with all bowlers moving 6 lanes/3 pairs to the right. 2 bowlers per lane.

I don't know running times real well but you could start with 2 squads on a fri night ( 5pm , 7.15pm). 6 squads on sat( 7am, 9.15,12pm, 2.15, 5pm, 7.15) re-oiling after every 2 squad times( allowed 35mins to re-oil). 2 more on sunday( 7am,9.15). That gives a total of 360 spots available.

From then on you could run with any idea, best of 5, 3 player m/play x2 (top 4 from each group play USA style step ladder, bowl X amount of games to another cut for matchplay and top 3 step ladder and so on. Whether another pattern is chosen for the finals or one selected from those played on in qualifying.

Hope this helps.

hammo

Back
Top Bottom