LETS PUT THIS TO A VOTE

craig

as a forum regular

i would like to see the forum structure changed. Of recent times people under false names have been spreading malicious rumours as well as making false accusations and causing disrepute.

i am suggesting that the membership status be changed.

people who logon under their real name get to get their input into the forum.

people who don't......well what needs to be said

maybe upon joining this forum, you should have to supply this information

full name
alias
city
bowling centre
sanction card number

and this information is attached to every post the member submits.

i know the majority of members are fine, but unfortunately at the moment a few lesser knowns, or pretend to be's seem to be causing a bit of turmoil.

and upon noticing the decline in the forum posts, maybe this is the reason!!!!!

thats my suggestion to solving this problem, i hope more people can add to the ideas in regards to filtering out the trouble makers.

the 3 strike rule is obviously not working.

craig chandler
icon_cool.gif

fair e-nuff

oh and im a nobody!!!

don't wanna make trouble though just wanna speak my mind and keep the big guns on their toes!!!!!

icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

cachalatamate

I'm gunna go against the grain because I prefer it.

Just because you have a few bad weeds in a beautiful flower bed, does that mean you destory the whole bed to get to the few weeds.

I dont think so, you pick the flew bad weeds, and let the garden continue growing.

There is the metaphor, but more to the point, just because you have annonymous poster, who share or blurt there opinions, doesnt mean you should kick them, most people enjoy the debate, you should gather that I do, I like reading the captain debate the aussie selection debate and yes the best junior debate (mr Belmonte
icon_wink.gif
it was funny mind you )

If you took the right to annonymous you'd lose have the posts, and half the members, because we'd be asking who was the cutest and who has the best balls (no pun) instead of why the selection process is the way it is.

I see no problem with annonymous posting as long as they make no serious personal attacks.

just me 2 cents

indeed a few adjustments could be made, but nothing too drastic...

as the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, why try and fix it?"

just my thoughts...
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

I think we are onto something good here, however i beleive it is a little too drastic.

I think we should allow people to keep the annonymous nicknames as was pointed out on some more personal topics the annoniminity (mispelt i know) allows us to say what is actually on our minds. However making the TBA card number i prerequisite for signing is is a very good idea.

I think this helps make us accountable whilst keeping an atmosphere of annoniminity for those that choose to.

The only concern i have about all of the above suggestions is what can be done to stop people just making up details?? It is seriously not that hard just to guess a number and put that in as my TBA registration number...

Unfortunately i dont have an answer to this question, however i am hoping another poster may

James -

If you are such a keen reader of the debates that you mentioned, you should realise that most of the posts on these topics are from those bowlers out there that will stick by their opinions and put their names to it, and in my opinion these are the posts that make the debates interesting!

Most of the anonymous posting is attacking some one or something without being constructive... if this wasn't the case, then why would they feel the need to hide behind an alias?

Anyways I personally agree with Craig and think something needs to be done about some of the anonymous posting on here... but how that should be done... well, I can't answer that!
icon_confused.gif

Kassey Fechner.

Back
Top Bottom