IMPORTANT CHANGES TO TOTALBOWLING

S

scores

Some important changes have been made at TotalBowling, mostly in regards to signing up, and identifying all current members. We will be updating the terms and conditions in the next day or two to show these new rules.

All members that sign up will be required to provide a real name. We may contact you to confirm your details if we are unsure. We will not activate the account if there are any suspicons regarding misuse.

All new accounts need to be activated by a member of the TotalBowling team.

All current members are required to update their current profiles with their Real Names ASAP.

Real names are able to be viewed by clicking on profile in the users post. This information is only available to members that are registered, activated and logged in.

These are only a couple of modifications made this afternoon. Any questions please email the TotalBowling team at [email protected]

Hi ya

This may be a stupid question but when you mean 'real name', do you want just the first name or both first and last name?

Kyles :p

So all members names will be made public to anyone who joins this forum?
Why?
Surely if Total Bowling has the registered details of all members that is enough to resolve any disputes?

great idea Graham it will be nice to know who your talking to in the future.

Kyles - your first name and last name -so your full name

Andrew - yes the information will be public to members ONLY. If you are not a member or not logged in then you cannot view this info. Apart from a name, there is no other additional identifying information. The reason why it needs to be made public is so that people will put their real names. At least with the names being public,people will have less inclination to impersonate someone or offer a false name - if everyone can see it they can be found out pretty darn quickly. If someone impersonates (or attempts to impersonate) another person we will have no hesitation in removing that persons account, blocking any future registrations, and reporting that person to the relevant authorities (including their ISP)

As you can see, we are sick of the spineless keyboard heros and we are doing something about it.

Hi Totalbowling/Admin

What ever your name is ! (as under real name : yours is not provided)

I dont want to be mean, but if you have implemented this yet
it does not work or needs refining.

My name is NOT MIKE SMITH. The email account is false.

This will not stop spineless keyboard people from revealing who they are or saying what they want.

If my real name/account is provided - i would consider that an invasion of my privacy.

The email address was set up under false name as well.

I like to support Total Bowling it is a great service to the bowling community. But like others dont want there real name
revealed to others.

One thing i liked about this forum is you can say what you feel without others knowing who you are. Does not mean i am spineless
, just means i can really say what i want.

AS we all know how good back stabing can be in the bowling world. Dont want TBA to know i am - i might never make the Australian Team.
:roll: :roll: :twisted: :shock:

Back
Top Bottom