Lest We Forget

SCOOPS

GUINNESS SWILLUS
Speaking to my father a few days back i received the very sad news of one of Perths Long Time characters of the game

Mr. George Liebl.

George bowled at Fairlanes City from as long as I could remember and stopped bowling early ninties due to some health prblems.

He was a real nice fella and kept us all honest with our bowling

Many Easter Staters would know him that have travelled over for Perth Cups, with his hoping around and permanent Soaked Towel on his Balding head

george bowled in everything and won his fair share of House events.

Bowled many SPC's over the years, the days when Perth had 8 spots to win. Wouldnt that be nice again

My most memorable moment with George is When he travelled to Kalgoorlie with us. Now if you hadnt met George he like 4 things in Life, TO TALK, TO SMOKE, TO BOWL & TO DRINK
No wonder I liked him so much
But after the trip there I realised it was always going to better to buy him a few beers on the way back to entice him to nod off, it worked

Anyway Georgie it was a pleasure knowing you and learnt lot from you. As a yng man he was always drumming into us all "You got to get your spares"

He was a slippery Customer

Georgie boy,the ossie battler with a European accent.He always called me Dommy,...T,s were never his favourite letter.
Lovely tribute Bin AL,you said it all.
Had guts didnt he ,fancied his chances no matter who was in the field,or what type of t,ment.
Bye Warrior.

It doesnt seem possible that I will go to a Perth Cup and George Liebl wont be there. A nicer bloke you couldn't hope to meet.

With all the bitching you see on other forums, it is easy to forget about prople like George who are genuine, nice people, who never seem to have a bad word about anyone.

My sympathies to Georges family and friends

RIP George

Very sad news ,
George was a great fella buy him a drink and he was yours for the day.
Never had a bad word to say about anybody ,was ultra competetive and bowled one of the worst 279 games i have ever seen at me at morley one day and came back telling how well he was bowling after every shot.Got me a good one in rosemount cup one year when he took his ice pack into the players area cause he was hot and i went arse over at the foul line with sodden soles ,thanks george.With so many evil people in the world it seems unfair that the real good ones have to go .
So go in peace slippery customer .

wimpy

Back
Top Bottom