Legal Ball CG Placement

John_Velo

Hi Guys,

What is the rule in Australia for ball CG marking in relation Centre of Grip.

I know there are the static weight rules that a ball must adhere to, but what is the offical rule for Australian Tournamment Balls?

Thanks, John Velo

No such rule applies. Only static weights. USBC were thinking about 1 inch from grip centre placement and removing balance holes, but that change never happened.

Hope this helps.

Hi Tonx,

Thanks for that. I thought it was odd that the balls are coming with placement suggestions, then I read about the about CG placement rule and thought it was odd.

Especially after just drilling a ball that did not fit into such a restriction.

Cool.

Thanks heaps, John Velo

10lbs of core revolving about your axis makes a much bigger difference that an ounce of sideweight, John.

Static weights are almost completely irrelevant these days.

With the exceptions of;
  • You still can't build a dodo ball (The original reason they came about and still relevant, maybe more than ever.)
  • The CG helping to define where a balance hole goes and and the resultant change in RG and DiffRG from the size and depth of the balance hole.
  • If you happen to roll over that balance hole. (Definitely not good!)
Cheers,
Jason

Thanks Jason,

It has just been so much fun playing with the new kit. The lovely wife is starting to think me bowling again was a bad idea.

Like she started the other day, "another ball, I thought they lasted more than six game before needing to be replaced!"

All I could do was smaile and say, "yeah made in china."

Thanks for the advice it is really appreciated, the last thing I want is something illegal.

John.

Back
Top Bottom