Left hand Right Hand

Cranky

I have a ball drilling question to ask.

Recently I have bowled with my fathers black widow pearl, cell, and emerald vibe. The reactions have been very consistant and quite strong.

HOWEVER

he is a left handed bowler, I am right and they are drilled for him. How does this work? why are they reacting so well for me?

can anyone explain what happens when a right hander throws a left handed drilled ball?

thanks

It all depends on what your Positive Axis Point is.

More than likely, what is happening, is depending on where the pin and MB are on the balls, they are getting the balls down the lane easier, storing more energy for the backend, and giving you a strong reaction on the dry.

With my PAP, because my track is lower than most, I have some weird looking layouts. Because of my revrate, I usually drill my gear with at least a 5" pin to PAP distance, which puts it left of the middle finger (righthanded). 4" to pap for me is directly above the bridge.

People look at them at say WTF??? Especially with my Sarge Easter grip ;)

Thats still a misconeption. Left and right handed drills. OK it aint the 80's no more and we're not throwing U dots and such. Learn about Pin to PAP distances with your driller and a lot of confusion will disappear. What 'looks' like a lefty drill could be near a levarage drill for a R/h spinner. I've seen Andrew throw some of his gear and it sure doesnt back up even though to some it may look 'left handed' Ask you're pro shop guy they will show you why different 'things' happen to a bowling ball, just have some patience the time you spend listening will be worth it

Hi Dylan,

I use a few "lefty-looking" layouts for myself and guys with higher rev rates.

Think about the pin to axis distance as the size of a wheel. Put simply, these layouts are about "storing" rotational energy by creating a larger "wheel" (pin to axis or axle if you like distance) with the core so that "wheel" takes longer to spin up and longer to spin back down again.

These reviews have photos and reaction descriptions:
http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=27474
http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=29542

I've just drilled another Dimension like this. It is truly massive when I get a pattern with oil outside 10 to use it on. Gets downlane easily, then wheels off the break and smacks pins all over the place.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom