league standings sheets

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Does your bowling centre provide league standings sheet for all of its league bowlers to pick up and read?

What ever happened to this policy? I for one would like to have a standings sheet to look at, before, during and after bowling. Just another in a long list of reasons for league bowling's decline.

Does your bowling centre provide league standings sheet for all of its league bowlers to pick up and read?
What ever happened to this policy? I for one would like to have a standings sheet to look at, before, during and after bowling. Just another in a long list of reasons for league bowling's decline.

My goodness you must be bored lol

Well i can you tell you all the centers I'v been to have standing sheets.
Maybe you dont look hard enough or too lazy to ask.

at bathurst tenpin our standing sheets are displayed on a computer you can see every league and you have access to your bowler records at any time. Shows who you played on what date how many point you won or lost
every game you have bowled for that season
cheers julie

We have a computer in the corner of the bowl & most league secretary's post standing sheet on the league notice board as well.

If you want a printed copy then you access them via centre website (normally updated a day or so after league, and you can also view your personal stats). Although when I have asked for a copy from staff at control, has never been a problem for them to print an extra one off.

Must be a Victorian thing Wayne ;)

maybe I should explain..
I'm not asking whether or not you can access standing sheets online or on bowling centre league display boards. I'm asking what happened to the courtesy of having hard copies availabe at the front desk for everyone to pick up and read at their leisure.

Hardcopy ... Softcopy ... What's the difference, it is still available. Honestly, I have NEVER seen a centre that does not provide league standing sheets in one way or another. Still trying to understand question. Sorry!

Rhyss.

Wouldn't it be great if you could jump on a website, punch up your TBA # and see all of your leagues, tournaments, and so forth...

maybe I should explain..
I'm not asking whether or not you can access standing sheets online or on bowling centre league display boards. I'm asking what happened to the courtesy of having hard copies availabe at the front desk for everyone to pick up and read at their leisure.

Great idea Wayne. Lets get every center in Australia to photocopy lets say 30 copy's of each standing sheet each week on the off chance that bowlers would like a personal copy. I think in these times of environmental worries chopping down a few more trees to appease the league bowlers of Australia would not cause any great concern. :(:(

Hmmm..is it possible that this policy never eventuated here in Australia? In the USA, bowlers get hard copies each and every week.
Sports are all about statistics..otherwise, why take up 20 pages every weekend with extensive AFL/NRL and CRICKET results and statistics.

All of ours are on a computer that very seldomly ever works properly, just inside the main entrance.
You can ask an attendant at the counter to print you out a copy if you want one though.
I was told by a former manager that they got rid of the standing sheets off the walls down beside Lanes 1 & 2 because it looked unsightly for social bowlers. :confused:
Then they painted that fugly looking mural all over the walls.

if your AMF gets 'upgraded', you might find that certain things get overlooked in the new centre, ie lockers and league standing sheets

(only speaking from experience)

Enf...

You can access all the league standings sheets from all AMF centres on the AMF website.
http://svc157.wic016v.server-web.com/competitive_bowling/results.htm
Thanks for posting that link up, I never knew that they were online now
icon14.gif

One of our leagues has got very up to date and the league secretary actually Emails the results to all bowlers in the league who have given him an Email address. That way everyone can either print out their own copy or just store electronically. Also is a very good idea as any errors that are noticed are corrected before League starts again the next week. Also has a hard copy available before play starts each week.

Problem with scores being online only what happens to those bowlers who do not have easy access to the internet or computer. There are some people around who don't either by choice or cost limitations. None of the centres in SA that I have seen have computers available for bowlers to access their scores on.

Although AMF may have the scores online they may not be correct. It is the league secretaries responsibility to keep the league scores and it has been known to happen that the centre based scores do not agree to the official league scores until they are corrected by the league secretary.

Perhaps it's a sign of the times i.e. saving trees etc., you have a computer so you could just print your own, if you really need one that bad, you can't be suggesting every centre print off a standing sheet everynight of league for every bowler, you would need a forest a year! what a waste! Or why not just ask your league sec to print an extra sheet just for you? It's really not that hard.

Lynn

Hmmm..is it possible that this policy never eventuated here in Australia? In the USA, bowlers get hard copies each and every week.
Sports are all about statistics..otherwise, why take up 20 pages every weekend with extensive AFL/NRL and CRICKET results and statistics.

I know if you work upto control and ask them for yr history they can print out yr own person bowling records

Back
Top Bottom