Latrobe Valley Youth Cup (Morwell Tenpins)

V

vicbowler

Latrobe Valley Youth Cup

On the Australia Day long weekend (25th,26th and 27th Jan 2003) Morwell Tenpins are running the Latrobe Valley Youth Cup. Qualifying will be over 12 games, 6 games on the Saturday and 6 games on the Sunday , with finals bowled on Monday morning. Cutting to 2 divisions Scratch and Graded. Females will also be getting 10 pins a game to encourage them to bowl.

Prize Money of $1500.00 guaranteed for 1st place in the scratch division and $500.00 for 1st place in the Graded division.
Prizefund based on 78 bowler.

Pos Scratch Graded
1 $1500 $500
2 $1000 $400
3 $800 $350
4 $600 $300
5 $500 $275
6 $450 $250
7 $425 $225
8 $400 $200
9 $375 $175
10 $350 $150
11 $325 $100
12 $300 $100
13 $275 $100
14 $250 $100
15 $225 $100
16 $200

Interstate bowlers flying into Tullamarine Airport Melbourne can have the choice of a bus picking them up at the Airport terminal on Friday to be driven to Morwell. The cost of the trip is $40 return with a minimum of 20 bowlers needed. (if more bowlers cost can be reduced). The bus will leave the Airport at 7pm on Friday and arriving at Morwell by 9pm. Bus will leave Monday after finals presentation to Tullamarine for flights back.
There is also the possibility of good cheap accommodation being worked on at the moment.

Entries can be sent to
Tournament Director
Joe Tomasinski and Peter Coburn
Morwell Tenpins
PO Box 3016
Gippsland Mail Centre
Victoria 3841
Tel: (03) 5134 6450
Fax: (03) 5134 6106
E-mail: [email protected]

Full entry is $150 or a deposit of $50 should be made payable to Morwell Tenpins

Final Entry forms with all the information are in the process of being printed up and will be sent out when completed. For further information or if anyone has any enquries or are interested please post or call Morwell Tenpins / Joe Tomasinski (Manager Morwell Tenpins)
on 0419 326 957 or 5134 6450.

This tournament will also have squads and scores displayed live at the VTBA web site. www.tenpin.org.au/vic

I have been told there is possibility of this being a Youth Ranked Tournament as well. Although TBA wont rank it because it clashes with the S.A Cup (This is what i was told). I can't see how this can be a problem when Morwell is a Youth tournament and would be Youth ranked and S.A cup is under Adult rankings, and only a handfull of Youth bowl it.

People want more Youth and Junior tournaments and this is what Morwell/Joe are trying to do, and making it Youth ranked would help alot. Joe wants to hold this tournament every year and turn into something that Juniors and Youth can bowl and look forward to.

If any one has any comments please post.

Latrobe Valley Youth Cup

i can't quite comprehend why the L.V youth cup can't be ranked because it clashes with an adult tournament[SA cup]???
to my knowledge the reason a "youth" division was created was to bridge the gap between juniors and seniors; to make the transition easier and more enjoyable. whilst some juniors and youth bowlers choose to compete in adult tournaments, i cannot see why the L.V youth cup should not be youth ranked.
i have been bowling since i was about five but stopped due to study and work when i was about 16. i have only really just started getting back into tournaments this year and having just bowled the SA U'23 classic and Scratch Records U'23 Melbourne Cup (and somehow earning myself some ranking points). i really enjoyed both tournaments and would be quite keen to bowl the L.V youth cup.
i think it would be great to see another youth tournament, especially one set in a country centre, join the youth calendar along with tournaments like the SA Classic and Melbourne Cup.
can someone please enlighten me as to why this tournament may not be ranked because it clashes with an adult tournament in another state???

For your info, the Cairns Open is always on the Australia day long weekend and it is a Nationally ranked event. There is nothing stopping it being a ranked event as long as they meet the ranking requirement and apply accordingly to TBA.

Morwell Tenpins and the Viv Goldpin have put forward a good case to TBA and we heard today that this tournament will now be ranked.

Of course, if you miss the cut into the scratch finals (outside the top 16) your scratch qualifying position will be used to calculate your ranking points gained from this event.

Full entry forms will be available for download from this website or www.tenpin.org.au/Vic/2003_Morwell_Youth_Cup shortly as entry forms are currently being formatted and printed.

However, if you wish to book your squad early we have uploaded a nomination form at www.tenpin.org.au/vic/2003_Morwell_Youth_Cup/Latrobe Valley Youth Cup Nomination Form.doc

For those of you considering entering the 2003 Latrobe Valley Youth Cup entry forms are available from the following link:

http://www.tenpin.org.au/vic/2003_Morwell_Youth_Cup

We already have 58 confirmed entries and a number of queries re transport from Melb airport to Morwell.

We are considering booking a mini-bus to transport interstate bowlers from the airport to the bowl, but we need to know some numbers. If you are planning to enter this tournament and you are travelling from interstate then please let me know so that we can work out if this is viable.

Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that this event is most definitely on.

We didn't get as many entries as we had originally planned however we are going ahead.

First prize of $1500.00 is guaranteed.

Of course, late entries will be accepted.

See you tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom