Latrobe Valley Youth Cup Decided

Graham

Staff member
Sydneysider Matt Sofia dominated the Men's matchplay final at Morwell Tenpin Bowl today. Matt averaged 212 for his 10 games of matchplay, picking up 160 bonus pins along the way for his 8 wins. Victorian Joel Lovegrove finsihed in 2nd and was the only other competitor to bowl over the card with a 204 average this afternoon. Another Victorian bowler in Craig Ryan beat top qualifer Glen Loader into 3rd, while current Australian Youth Team member Matthew O'Brien finished 5th.

There was no surprises in the Ladies matchplay final with Victorian teenagers Cassie Staudinger and Tracey Madden outrunning the field to finish 1st and 2nd respectively. The Ryan family scored a double with Craig's sister Jessica taking 3rd place in the Ladies division.

The Graded Final saw 13 year old local bowler Emma Farnsworth, 118 entering average, skirt the other 11 finalists with games of 120-173-194-123. The 194 game was Emma's highest ever score and it couldn't have come at a better time with $500 up for gaps to the winner. AMF Chadstone's Ryan Burton impressed with his 224 & 230 start but he faded into 2nd spot with an under average third and fourth game. Local bowler Michael Bosma rounded off the placegetters in 3rd spot.

Results and photos can be viewed from the Tenpin Bowling Australia website – www.tenpin.org.au

I'd like to say a huge well done to cassie and matty sofia on their efforts on the weekend. You's bowled great and deserved to win. Keep up the good work!!!

I'd also like to say a big well done to Tracey, jess, joel and craig.
You all done well too

But then again i did finish like 2nd *cough last* in the graded

well done to everyone and it was good seein ya's all.
I'll see ya's at werribee youth.

Debra xoxoxox

Big Congrats to both Cass and Matt.
It's been a long time coming for Cassie. Finally got the first one under the belt now. Only more to come!
Once again Matt just proved that he is one of the best Youth bowlers out there. No one compared to him on the Monday.

Congrats to everyone who made the finals. It wasn't easy out there.

Later Da Cowman!

Latrobe valley Youth Cup

:D :D Congrats to all finalists in this years Latrobe Valley Youth Cup. It was great to see Cassie win her first tournament and good to see Matt win which should attract a few more bowlers next year. And it was especially fantastic to see young local bowler Emma Farnsworth win her first tournament as well in the Graded Cup. :D :D :D Management at Morwell Tenpins would like to sincerely thank all bowlers who made the trip to Latrobe Valley and we look forward to seing you all back in 2005.
I have had several constructive ideas :idea: :idea: :idea: put forward for next years event and I can honestly say we will look at all suggestions put forward. I would welcome further ideas on how to improve and attract the best Australian youth and Junior bowlers.

Once again thanks to all those that travelled and supported our tournament and for those going to Werribee next good luck and high scoring.

Back
Top Bottom