Lanes with burnt edges...

mickyd213

Can lanes that have burnt edges be brought back to new condition. If so how is this done? I am only referring to synthetic lanes.

Anyone...

Mickyd213, so you may need to give us a bit more info, so you can be helped. Are you able to work on such Lanes or are you just looking for answers.

Yes Synthetic lanes can be Screened, with probably a 600 grit screening pad, approaches included, this will allow them to Hold the oil longer. Although you are talking about the edges the Heads seem to be the first place that needs screening. Also synthetic Gardian can also be Polished to give it a near new surface.

The first area that wears the most is the Pindecks, these can also be screened.

For more information check out the 'Bowl Tech' site from America, this will give you access to thousands of Bowling industry People some who have been in the industry since Automatic Machines were invented.

willey

Micky, I still don't know what you mean by Burnt, in the old days on Lacquer coated Lanes, they would Track in the highly used areas, this would cause the oil to sit on top of the finish and track out much like Synthetics do today, instead of the Porous nature of Lacquer which held the oil in tiny holes which kept the shot longer, this required the Lanes to be Polished to bring the Lanes back to a more usable condition.

I have seen Synthetics that have "Out of Bounds" out wide, which I believe is due to the Screws used to hold down the lanes on the edges causing a Wavy effect on the sides, which is very Visible to the Naked Eye but cannot be measured by a Feeler Guage.

willey

I might be totally wrong here but bear with me...

Some house shots oil lanes from lets say 10 board to 10 board with nothing outside of this. With the new age reactive balls being so aggressive hitting this dry area of the lanes would cause them to glaze or become burnt due to the friction over a period of time.

This glazed or burnt area would then become an out of bounds when an oil pattern covers from say 2 board to 2 board... (As you have alluded to Willey)

This is the area I was wondering if it could be brought back to new condition... I may have the wrong terminology, maybe burnt isn't entirely correct.

Back
Top Bottom